View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 02:12 AM
KeithieW

Re: History of Aural Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
I have no doubt that AM will always be here on this planet. We've come so far, and grown so much as a community for it not to live forever. It started out as my desire to share great music to other people, but it has blossomed into a way for thousands of people worldwide over the course of almost a decade to enjoy the art of music together, in a collective, sharing experience. That will always make me smile.

Happy upcoming 8th Birthday Aural Moon.
I have no doubt that Aural Moon will be here for ever too.

I remember when I first joined the community in 2002. There were a few chatters in the shoutbox but I realised that this was something special. With a little prodding more and more and longer and longer conversations were had and the family started to grow. We formed "The shouters choir" who would "Sing" along with the tracks as they played and always seemed to be laughing. A band of regulars formed the Morning Crew out of which grew the idea for theme days (Steady Stan was the Theme Meister). The concept of Faffing came about with the morning crew. I remember mossy (who used to get up at 4am her time to chat) using the term for the first time and the League of Faffers was born. Great fun that continues to this day.

I've said it before and I have no problem saying it again:

Aural moon has changed my life for the better. So many new friends, so much support in times of need and a hell of a lot of love.

Thank you Davin for the original idea that has bought so much joy to a lot of people. I think June 22nd should be officially called "Avian Day" in your honour. Bless you mate.