View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 02:53 AM
Head Joint

Re: Petroglyph Music 2020 Compilation

just wanted to give you an update on what is going on with the fundraiser for the Bob Moog Foundation. we are restructuring the compilation in genre and volumes. so prog and electronic will be separated and the prog tracks are spread out evenly through out each volume. then the electronic portion of this will be structured the same. as of right now I think there will be 5 volumes maybe 6 in total by release of prog. right now there has been 7 hours of prog donated with more on the way. we also have 8 hours of electronic with more on the way as well. i have contacted 9 print magazines in total. prog mag last week 7 of them just two days ago and 1 yesterday. so far prog mag is on board. today Canadian Musician magazine got back to me and will offer their support with promoting in their mag and through all their contacts and outlets.

i have contacted prog rock magazines and electronic music magazines. also billboard and rolling stone too. so hoping they all get on board. everyone in the industry knows who bob moog is. so them helping out the foundation is not going to be problem i dont think. so right now things are on hold till kev feeley gets back to me tonight and we are going to organize all the progressive rock on bandcamp soon enough the volumes will be ready for the magazines to see everything look more professional and organized. i did explain all this to the magazines too so they are well aware things will be organized that way too.

to organize it like that came from Jo from prog mag so was great advice indeed and will follow it. as it was all songs all genres together would be to overwhelming for most people and most certainly a nightmare for reviewers to properly do their job without having to sort through 18 hours of unorganized mix genre music to get to the genre they actually review. now it will be accessable and easily digested by the reviewers and magazines that get on board with this. so i do indeed want all the sponsors of this project,

so far a couple labels and 7 prog rock stations and shows and 1 electronic station so far, to have their logos added to all be on a page on the website with clickable links to their sites hopefully by clicking the logo. ill see if we can put this right on the homepage too. so people see the logos on the first page they will see when going to the site. not sure when this can happen but it will be before the magazines start printing their issues that contain this project. that way when they hit the stores they will be going to a finished site with all the information about this project there. this whole project is a work in progress and im sure it will all fall into place just right for everyone involved. from the beginning i have always wanted this to be one big promotion and i knew by doing that. the foundation would be able to benefit financially while everyone else has their sites and music seen and heard by a much wider audience. that is why I have been promoting bands for free for the past 3 years. I just love to spread all the great music around. the bands I have promoted for deserved to have their music reach as many people as possible

for me its fun and so easy to do what im doing tbh. well its a lot of work but i have zero complaints about this whole process. its a totally new experience for me doing a fundraiser as well as promoting on this scale and im learning lots but with my admin team on the label and me curating the music and contacting people to help promote, we will be able to do this just right and everyone will be happy. so far we have all the prog stations, all the well known ones. think i have 7 prog stations and shows on board to support and promote this project with interviews and hosting stuff on their sites as well as we are creating an audio advertisement for all the stations to play. im also doing the same in the electronic music part of this compilation and will contact all the most popular stations to setup interviews with them

Dave Kerzner has agreed to join Michelle Moog Koussa and I on some of those interviews to discuss his thoughts on bob moog and his instruments. I have reached out to Bianca Froese, wife of the now deceased Edgar of tangerine dream to also join us for some interviews to talk about Edgars love for moog and the musical world he created and what ever else she would like to of course. she has already told me she would be honored to support Michelle and the foundation. so far things are headed in the right direction for this project. I will be having a phone conference with Michelle and Kev Feeley this week to discuss how this project is going to work moving forward. I want this to look and run very professional so making all these changes helps to achieve that goal.