View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 07:31 AM

Who loves ya!!!

OK, OK, you squeezed it out of me! How could I not follow you when you bare your soul so completely. My guilty pleasure that fits your criteria is Gerry Raffery's "City to City" (coincidence that both have "city" in the title?). It has an old time rock flavour with a touch of country at times (I'm blushing!) but I listen to that CD end-to-end and get this warm, happy feeling inside. You all know "Baker's Street" with that sax hook but the rest of the CD is equally addictive.

Similarly Tori Amos' "Little Earthquakes" and "Under the Pink" take me to the same place. She has a way of idly plinking on her piano without a recognizable pattern and lulling me with her baffling lyrics with that sensual voice of hers. Her voice is so close you almost feel like she's whispering in your ear. My wife would never let me listen to her alone, come to think of it that may have been the driving factor for me to build a soundproofed listening room (with a lock) in the basement. Me and Tori .... mmmmmmm.....

I need to rest now but I'll be back with more of my secret gems. (where's that "smoking" emoticon?)