View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 07:44 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Take action! against recent copyright ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
Just FYI, my written response from proNJ Congressman Chris Smith re the RIAA/CRB rate increases:

http://www.tmesis.com/no_crap/
Before somebody reads this URL and thinks that I believe this letter is not crap, please let me explain.

I've been talking about a grass-roots campaign of public awareness... much like the Embrace Insanity group is doing to combat the forces trying to make extinct the ideas of net-neutrality. I called the link /no_crap for my plans to get a movement underway entitled: No C.R.A.P... for No Corporate & RIAA Approved Radio. It fits since most radio is crap and controlled by the Corps and RIAA.

I am dismayed when I check, each day, the progress of the net petitions. The numbers seem to be hovering under the 50K signator mark. I feel that there are more people who would be concerned about this IF they knew about it. Distribute fliers, both physical and electronic, explaining what is happening to our freedom to listen to what we want to listen to and that it is being taken away in the interests of the Corps and RIAA. We are getting shortchanged in the same way as the artists represented by these leeches. Spread the word! No C.R.A.P.

More on No C.R.A.P. later...
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.