View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:03 PM

Re: ROSfest 2012 Reports

Have to say meeting Teermi8ter and Thor at the Airport and hanging and sharing the music with them and all the other moon people made me glad the Aural Moon has been in my life as long as it has. Keithie was sitting with us as well all you moonies are great it was a pleasure to meet you. The music was explained well already. DeeXEpus a good rock band like Laudio said.
All the music had some great highlights I liked everyband and some of the new ones have a great future infont of them. Getting to know other prog listners and talking with band members made me feel at home as it is a family like none other as we share music on a deeper level then most people. Karmakanic-as each member in the band were fantasic but they all seemed to play better because of the new drummer in the band (kick Ass). Arron English band opened on Saturday with another fantastic drummer they had incredible sound they played ( All Along The Watchtower) in their own way ,plus across the universe and norweign wood by the Beatles also Kashmere LZ, all with no disrepect but with creative expression making each piece a new classic heart felt experience we are sure to all agree. Some of the best covers I have ever heard. Resistor and Disapline were both good ending Hasse Froberg who has a unique sounding vocal style fit for the hard rock style that came acrossed. Dare I say Rod Strwart other than his unique voice with wrasp would be the only reason.
It was great to meet all the bands except IQ I was bummed about that. Not my fav as a line up but I am not counting they will be together forever as I am an unconditional IQ fan....Sunday Sanguine Hum really had some great melodies Diving Bell is a good record. I O Earth played their livliest songs I was ready to dance in the aisles again what a fun set, the guitarist rocked my socks off as he did the at the after party the night before with some killer blus riffs. The show after the show was fun too. Looking forward to meeting more moonioes as well as lots of prog fans from around the world I already met one who wants to share expense as seems alot of the moon people want to do. It was fun as I had many people come up to me sometimes after a performance just to meet the guy that couldn;t sit still in his seat as I am a headbanger like Kethie. Maybe Jamforte can give me some dance lessons. Vax thanks for the moon pictures and sharring the beer on Saturday as the bar was closed. If you want to meet a great group of people take my advice do not wait as long as I did. Start saving now to go to RosFest.

PS Keithie I hope you feel better

Last edited by museman : 05-09-2012 at 11:10 PM.