View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: Mooniverse - Show #61 - YesSpaz

Here are the lyrics YesSpaz wanted you to see. This also gives you the song titles and running order. Hope to see you at the next broadcast.

Bellador - "The Observer" - Great lyric: "Who am I but a mere observer of the grace of God? No one."

Jars of Clay - "Frail" - Great lyric: "A rose can never lie about the love it brings, and I could never promise to be any of those things."

U2 - "Unknown Caller" - Great lyric: "Restart and reboot yourself, you're free to go. Shout for joy if you get the chance."

The Lemon Pipers - "Through with You" - Great lyric: "My world takes on a different form and each new image will conform."

Steve Howe and Jon Anderson - "Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands" –
Great lyric: "With your sheets like metal and your belt like lace,
And your deck of cards missing the jack and the ace,
And your basement clothes and your hollow face,
Who among them can think he could outguess you?"

Grand Funk Railroad - "Inside Looking Out" - Great lyric: "I feel happy like a newborn child."

The Choir - "Sad Face" - Ecclesiastes 7:2-4 says:
2 It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting,
for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart.

3 Frustration is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure

The point here is not dour pessimism, but a simple acknowledgment that it's wise to realize you will die one day. More immediate, that life is at times painful and sad, like the miscarriage alluded to in the second verse. This song is a meditation on this passage.

Great lyric: "There's a woman in my kitchen with a rainbow on her cheek.
Well, isn't that a promise? Still I never felt so week.
There's a tiny spirit in a world above, cradled so sweetly in our Father's love.
So you don't have to cry. No, there's something in my eye."

The Prayer Chain - "Sky High" - Great lyric: "You have seen the water drop from behind my fisted eyes, now here about the Salton spies, speak about rolling skies, highs."

Neal Schon - "Eye on the World" – Dude – it’s an instrumental.

Jimmy Eat World - "Goodbye Sky Harbor" - The lyrics are based on the novel A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving. The final lines are Owen Meany's dying words.
Great lyric: "So here I am above palm trees so straight and tall; you are smaller, getting smaller, but I still see you."

qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; }

Happiness is a worn pun!