View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Patron

Steven Wilson in NYC

On Saturday, my son came home from college this past weekend for spring break. I noticed that Steven Wilson was playing in New York. Since I was in NY 3 times over the past 2 weeks I felt pretty comfortable navigating the subway. So on a whim, I went out to stubhub and purchased 2 tickets, 5 rows back, dead center.

There was an announcement about 10 minutes before the show that Steven was sick and lost his voice. However, the Israeli singer Ninet Tayeb is touring with the band and picked up some of the vocals and the guitarist, Dave Kilminster, did some. Steven handled a few that weren't taxing on his throat, and they played more instrumentals than usual. The result was one of the best shows that I have ever seen. Ninet was very powerful and emotive on all the songs she sang. The band was tight and was on fire. All in all a very memorable father son bonding evening. I even saw Laudio9 and Karisssss there!

The band even got a great review in Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0160307?page=2