View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Banned

Re: Ode to the Concept Album - Mooniverse Show #53

Hi Dale! The most obvious one I don't see listed is: 1) Pink Floyd's-Animals-1977 based on Roger Water's interpretation of George Orwell's Animal Farm. 2) Is actually a 3 Cd concept, The Radio Gnome Invisible Trilogy of Planet Gong's Pothead Pixies flying around in there Flying teapots and with the help of the Octave doctors bringing there listeners to a new consciousness. (Or in my case Unconsciousness from too many bong hits .) Later in the following discs you get the characters from planet gong introduced and finally in the 3rd disc you have it all come together in a cosmic revealing of your own self awareness. The discs are: GONG-Flying Teapot-1973, GONG-Angels Egg-1973, and GONG-You-1974. In that order 3) CAMEL-Nude-1981. This story of a WWII Japanese soldier who was forgotten on a Pacific Island for 20 years, unaware the war was over. 4) SAGA-The Chapters Live-2005. Saga finally puts the chapters in order and performs them live. This deserves it's own show, don't you think? 5) How to make a Burger is covered by: FOCUS-Hamburger Concierto-1974 Taken from a Brahms piece. I'll take mine Medium Well. With a cold one of course.