View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 06:57 PM

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick and Roll
1) Are you assuming someone is doing this on purpose?
2) If not, why would you assume this will make the Cast be booted from the Moon?
3) Is this person a "ninny-hammer" or a "punk"?
4) Block his IP? really?

We are going too far. Sanity, please!

(I still think Bob L.'s Ikea post is a riot)
1. Do I think they are requesting the same song over and over on purpose? Yes, of course. They are not accidentally doing it. Do I think they have ulterior motives? No.
2. Do I think that this will make the Cast get booted? No. Do I think it'll get "Blind Man's Arrow" booted? Yes. It happened to "Rome," did it not?
3. Do I think this person is a "ninny-hammer" and "punk"? If he thinks we are so in love with his favorite song that we want to hear it daily like he does, then yes he's a ninny-hammer. I love Don Caballero, and request them frequently. But I don't think for a second anyone wants to hear "Repeat Defender" every day for a month.
4. Block his IP? Of course not. I used hyperbole to express my aggravation. It is a common rhetorical device. An well-worn is "I could just kill so-and-so." You won't really kill them will you? But you make your point. However, if it turns out to be the same guy who did "Rome" and thus points to a pattern of wearing a song out, yeah. Axe one guy for the good of the whole station? As Mr. Spock logically stated, followed by Kirk: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." "Or the one."