View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: Intermittency with the 128k stream

I occasionally have this issue, but it is NOT the streaming server itself. It is typically caused via your provider's system via heavy traffic or usage. Weather betwix you and our source can also have an effect.

Sometimes you system internet may need to be flushed, so to speak. A couple ways to do that is reboot your provider modem and network modem if you have one. Another way if using a windows based machine is to use ipconfig /release, and /renew. This re-established your address and will clear up some issues.

Please correct me if I'm incorrect all you computer nerds out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSousa View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been a patron for about a year and all this time have been an happy listener of the 128k stream. The whole period I've been using a mobile broadband connection which is supposed to provide me with 256 kB/s downloads. Though mobile, I always connect within the same geographic area, between home and work.

Lately it has became progressively harder to listen to the 128k stream, it goes often intermittent with 10 seconds of music and 3/4 seconds of silence while the media player buffers. During the last few days this intermittency has become permanent.

Watching the system monitor with no other programs connected to the internet, the network usage graph oscillates between 4 kB/s and 20 kB/s. I went checking at SpeedTest.net my connection speed and got these results:

Download: 1.34 Mb/s
Upload: 0.32 Mb/s

While not spectacular, this figures should be more than enough for the 128k stream.

Any ideas on what can I do further to solve this? Any changes to the Moon lately that may have caused this?

Thank you.

Happiness is a worn pun!