Thread: Prog pets
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: Prog pets

This is my family, including the one we lost about two years ago after only 8 months. Poor dear. But then we wouldn't have the wild one Sgt. Lastrade.

Greyson is the oldest, quickly followed by Sable. Then Odd Job (who had a brother named Motor Head, but he parished young in the wild streets). She was our neighbor's Son's cat, but she was adopted since after the death of her brother because he wasn't caring for them well. (It was my contention that my daughter stole her. Fran tells it differently.)

That leaves Lastrade as the youngest. He is named after a character in one of the many Sherlock Holmes books (a tradition we've kept for our siamese cats). Sgt. Lastrade was one of the many detectives Holmes worked with. He, however, looked like Oscar the grouch from Seseme street when a kitten so acquired that nick name, soon followed by "monster" because he also resembled the Bumble from Rudolph fame. So his full name is Sgt. Oscar "Monster" Lastrade.

They are all indoor cats and each demand equal lap time. Sable & Oscar get Sallie. Odd Job and Greyson split their time between Frances and I.

P.S. (Roger) I have reduced the sizes of the pix - sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Greyson 1.JPG (366.1 KB, 1269 views)
File Type: jpg Mycroft - RIP.JPG (690.0 KB, 1251 views)
File Type: jpg Odd Job 1.JPG (495.6 KB, 1199 views)
File Type: jpg Sable01.JPG (625.3 KB, 1224 views)
File Type: jpg Sgt. Oscar 'Monster' Lastrade 01.JPG (565.9 KB, 1246 views)

Happiness is a worn pun!

Last edited by OverHillandDale : 12-29-2007 at 01:49 PM.