View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:22 PM

Re: If I had a band I'd call it....

This requires a little bit of a back story so enjoy.

When I was eighteen I worked at a grocery store pushing shopping carts(this was 1988). One day there was a guy entering the store who was wearing a King Crimson t shirt(the one with the red face on it). I recognized it and started talking to the guy. He then told me had to go pee so he went in side the store and I caught him on the way out. When he came back we had this pretty long conversation about music. I think it was the very first time I ever heard someone mention The Residents(a band I had never heard of before). I don't remember every detail of our conversation but it was apparent(his shirt was the first clue)that he was a prog fan. So anyway, he told me that if he ever had a band he would call it "Inky black." I think he said that he heard that from someone who told him that's what he would name his band. SO there you have it. "Inky black" would be the name of my band(that is if I couldn't think of something better). I don't think I ever saw the guy again but it's interesting that I remember that from over 20 years ago.