View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 08:01 PM

Hi all:

I don't want to be an obnoxious tooter of my own horn, but . . . hey, I yam what I yam!

EoJ has received its first airplay. It's in rotation now at progrock.com, and it's listed under "j" for jack foster, iii. (That's me!) Ironically, I haven't figured out how to listen there yet! I've got a Mac, and they're streaming oog vorbis on winamp. But that's ok. I've got several hundred copies of the CD lying around the house anyway!

Likewise, Radio Krakow 102.4 FM's Arthur Chachlowski had me featured last night (well . . . tonight actually, but the show's over already, and it's been tomorrow there for a long time!) on his weekly radio show. There's also a review of the album (in polish, so I have NO idea how I did!) and a low-fi mp3 of the entire 2 hour show up on the station's site!:

http://www.mlwz.prv.pl/

click "audio" then 2/4 on the callendar. (It's funny for me to listen to! Announcer: blah, blah, blah, blah, Jack Foster, blah, blah . . .)

Here's what others are saying:

Quote:
". . . give this guy Jack Foster an award of any kind. . . true epic music that will never die."

Melodic.net

" . . . the cd as a whole is an excursion into a new world of musical ideas that very few if any artists have attempted. . . . If you are looking for an artist that is daring to expand the definitions of today's progressive standards, go to the Jazzraptor website and check out some samples of this innovative artist."

ProGGnosis

"Overall, "The Evolution of JazzRaptor" is a brilliant album and is so much to my taste that I'll rate it as a super-masterpiece and place it among my favorites of 2003."

ProgressoR.net
Don't bother going to my site. Nothing much there now. I've suspended sales because I've assigned rights. The re-designed album will be available from Musea Records come April. Mattias Noren will do the artwork. Check out progart.com for samples of his work!

Incidentally . . . I'm not posting this stuff all over the web! This is my 'net hangout of first choice these days. I really like the people here, and I LOVE the music! No wait. I LOVE the people and LIKE the music! Yeah, that's what I meant.

I'll try not to be TOO obnoxious about all of this. Hey, I'm excited! Avian . . . tell me if I go over the line.

regards to all AMers,

Jack