Thread: Simon Apple
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 12:22 PM

River to the Sea is the best CD to start with... especially since it features the band's new singer, Dan Merrill, who really contributes with a very strong voice and some impressive songwriting skills too. Their ealier work is also good... one song "Pink Elephants" always intrigued me because it reminded me of Adrian Belew's guitar work, making animal sounds!

I did catch them live at last year's Musikfest in Bethlehem and really loved the show (despite all the rain). I'm hopeful to maybe see them in September when they play a gig in Allentown. They're based out of Reading PA. Their talented keyboardist is the true band leader and their drummer has a terrific knack for lyrics, plus he shows a strong Rush influence in this drumming style.

I really love the very subtle, but positive Christian message of hope that comes out of the new CD, plus the musicianship is just outstanding. John Helliwell's (Supertramp) sax work is great on one song, and I love the guitar work by the guy from Blue Oyster Cult on another. '

If anyone gets this CD, I'd love to hear your reactions after a few listens.

STERN