View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 05:28 PM

Re: Aural Moon unlistenable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstudioboss View Post
Actually, though I don't agree with how and where he did it, I do agree with his point! I'm finding myself listening to deliciousagony, morow, and pandora a lot more of late because of the increasing amount of jazz fusion that's being played.
Ok. Good. That's why there's more than one prog station on the net. If all five major prog stations are the same, then that is boring. The basic principles of broadcasting apply here, even though AM is narrowcasting. AM, DeliciousAgony, Morow, Pandora, and others must differentiate themselves from each other in the competition for the small audience of internet prog people. ProgDirJim's seemingly chosen the broaden-your-musical-definition-and-horizon niche. Excellent. Jrstudioboss, I don't mean this to sound mean or personal, but if those other stations are more your taste, ok. Go listen to them. That's why more than one station exists. I'm sticking with AM because I prefer loads of variety in my prog. Long jazz fusion, long keyboardy things, long avant-garde post rock, long symphonic prog, and the occasional weird thing back to back to back is why I like it. And I'm sure there are others like me.

PS. There may only seem to be more jazz lately because that's what been added lately, and therefore requested a lot. In another month, PDJ may add fifty prog metal cds, and then a rash of people may complain AM's become too metally. But see, over time, as the recent adds drop out of "newness syndrome," then the library continues to stay balanced.

Last edited by Yesspaz : 08-06-2008 at 05:31 PM.