Thread: shhhh...
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Re: shhhh...

Clearly there are different opinions about what is important in an online prog rock station. JR says he doesn't like all the jazzy crap, fair enough, people like me & Cozy who used to do a show full of the jazzy crap love it (I miss Cozy's show can you tell?). For me though, ignoring for the moment all the fun I've had chatting with all the lunartics that hang out in the chat box, the thing that I like best about the Moon is that there is so much great music in the library and you can request (at least most of the time) and therefore can discover new music that you'll probably like and even without requesting often hear new stuff that sends you down yet another avenue of exploration. So in a nutshell, I think the fact that Jim et al. continue to expand the library is a good thing, you don't have to listen to the new stuff or request it, you can stick with requests of what you like if you like, but like any community there will be some difference of opinion. I personally don't think listening to the same songs over and over is very progressive no matter how great they are (although I still love to hear the classics), so I'm very much in favor of expanding the library, Jim shows a lot of restraint IMHO, be glad you've got him instead of me