Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2006, 02:02 AM
Owner/Program Director

Re: Moonies band project back ?

I'll repeat my offer to be lyricist - I wrote a set of lyrics to the concept of "Earth Without The Moon", which I'm happy to modify; or I'd be glad to start something new.

I'd also love to add live drumming to what I'm reading about, but I'm going to need coaching on the recording/sharing aspect of this project. I'm thinking of taking a trip up to Kirk's area for hands on lessons - maybe a dinner would be compensation for your time...
Old 03-31-2006, 08:58 AM

Hello Moonies !

Well I read your last posts and I listened to Woj's music, but I don't understand: are you planning to use his music and record it with real instruments, or to use some of his parts in my songs, or even to do both ?

Well it may be a great idea, I'd be happy to work on both projects, could be a very interesting experience. Woj I think your help on my project would be useful, and I'd be glad to work with you.

Jim, of course your lyrics are welcome. Maybe if you listen to my sample you can find something that would fit. Anyways any of your ideas are welcome, I'll check them, and we can discuss them altogether, as we do for our music.
This is an open project, any Moonie can submit ideas, and I'd be glad to check them all, even if I don't use them all.

Just by the way, Rifftrader is a great place to upload my musical ideas and your own corrections, additions, ideas, etc, but the problem is that the files are only available for 48hrs and are then deleted, and I'm only here on weekends. It would be great if you could download them all the week. If Andy is ok, I'll send the files to him, and then maybe you can mail him to get the files. Andy is this ok for you ?
Old 03-31-2006, 01:01 PM

hey all~ anything i can do in an advisory role, feel free to ask.

If Rifftrader's time limits are a problem (unless they've changed it,
it's 72 hours) go to www.yousendit.com , sign up for the beta of
the new service. it holds files for 5 days, sends e-mail notification.
----------------------

Guys...take my advice, work on 1 project at a time, the less
demanding one first. think of it as a sort of "warmup jam".

IMO, this one is Elric's baby, he's the one that started the ball rolling.
Don't have incredibly high expectations, but be pleasantly surprised
if it works.

Andyyy- thanks man!

PDJ- i'll PM you.

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool
available at itunes, toweronline, bestbuyonline,
sony direct, rhapsody, loudeye...
IOMA award winner "best producer"2004
Old 04-01-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric68
Hello Moonies !

Well I read your last posts and I listened to Woj's music, but I don't understand: are you planning to use his music and record it with real instruments, or to use some of his parts in my songs, or even to do both ?

Well it may be a great idea, I'd be happy to work on both projects, could be a very interesting experience. Woj I think your help on my project would be useful, and I'd be glad to work with you.

Jim, of course your lyrics are welcome. Maybe if you listen to my sample you can find something that would fit. Anyways any of your ideas are welcome, I'll check them, and we can discuss them altogether, as we do for our music.
This is an open project, any Moonie can submit ideas, and I'd be glad to check them all, even if I don't use them all.

Just by the way, Rifftrader is a great place to upload my musical ideas and your own corrections, additions, ideas, etc, but the problem is that the files are only available for 48hrs and are then deleted, and I'm only here on weekends. It would be great if you could download them all the week. If Andy is ok, I'll send the files to him, and then maybe you can mail him to get the files. Andy is this ok for you ?
Hey Elric,
I see these as two separate projects and in different stages of readiness. Let's keep going with yours here. You can send me a MIDI file, those are small and should be no problem. I just opened the You SendIt account that Kirk mentioned, maybe you could do the same and we could try it out, OK?
Old 04-05-2006, 12:29 AM

Elric,
Feel free to send me files via email.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:38 PM

Okay friends, I worked a bit on the song and finally found out some ideas, but I'm not finished with writing them on the guitar pro tab, so you'll have to wait a bit before I'll upload it ... feel free to try to change some parts too if you have ideas.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:49 AM

Morning Moonies.

I've posted the midi file and tab on the rifftrader account, and I'm sending it to Andy, so if you want them, just ask him or download them on rifftrader. Here's what I did and what I didn't do:

- I've added the next part of the song. I'm a bit lost with time signatures, though. I've never learned musical theory, so I'm just trying to write something that sounds correct, but I believe the tab is full of mistakes. If someone can understand what I want by listening to it, maybe you may be able to correct it. If you're able to do this, please feel free to correct my mistakes.

- I'm searching for a way to return to the chorus just after the last part I wrote, and I think I found something but I still have to think and improve it, so again, feel free to suggest something.

- I need someone to write the drum track for the parts I've added because I don't manage to do it. I can play drums a bit but I don't know how to read and write a drum tab. If someone know how to do, please complete the drum track.

- Andy, I'm sending you the files via mail.

I think that's all for today. Thanks for your help, have a nice week and see you next week.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:10 AM

Hi Elric,
Just a quick note to let you know that due to tax day here in the US as well as wife's birthday, I won't get a chance to work on this this weekend, but will hopefully resume next weekend.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:14 AM

Hello Moon !
I'm on vacation for one week, and then back to work, so, I'll have time to work on the project.
I've already made a little change on the latest file. No new changes or ideas, but I just changed the midi instruments for VST instruments with CubaseSX. They still do not sound like real instruments, but that's a way to hear what the song may sound like when finished.
Anyways we'll record the song with our own instruments, it'll sound better, but now you can have a better idea of what the finished song will sound like with this mp3 track.
It's already on rifftrader.
No other changes for now, but I'm working on it, until you have the time to look at what I've done and try your own ideas.

See you later !
Old 04-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Hello !
Vacations over and I had no new ideas for the tune, didn't manage to find something interesting. Sorry Moonies. I'll keep on trying, and I'm counting on you too. See you on next saturday if someone has new ideas.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:19 AM

Hi Elric and all,
I had a hard drive crash and though I backed up a lot of important files, I missed others...like all my email and email contacts! Argh! Anyway, with the work we are now doing on Giant for Another Hour (the second disc), my participation will be more limited. I have not lost interest now, just time. But I will be back to this and I hope others will join in too...

Those of you who have been exchanging emails with me, please send me something so I can add you back to my address book What a job! When will I learn to back EVERYTHING up?
Old 06-16-2006, 05:33 AM

Ok guys, I just bought a new guitar so I guess that'll be better to record, and I also wanted to say I'm on vacation, so if you have time to help me finish the song, this is the moment.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:46 AM

Elric.............In March 2006, I picked up my instruments, bought software and started attempts at home recording. I hadn't played since 1978, so it's been a struggle. I have been communicating with Andy and Woj, who have been giving me excellent advice and insight. I'm certainly far from professional, but if you want to hear what I'm doing, I set up a MySpace music page. What an AWESOME place!!!!! check it out, if you want, and if there's anything I do of interest to you...........I'm up for about anything

www.myspace.com/agedwip

Rob / yorksrvc
Old 06-16-2006, 05:57 PM

York, nice stuff, if you want to help, you're welcome, did you hear the wong I began to write ? We still need to complete it, that's my 1st goal.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:54 AM

Hello !

Well, I just found some new musical ideas to continue our musical piece, but I'm no good at writing music, so I'd need help of someone who can write what I recorded after the already existing sheet music, cuz I'm just lost with all the different time signatures, instruments, ...

If anyone has time to write it, please tell me, I'll send him the files and explain him what I want. When that'll be done, I'll post the .mid file on Rifftrader so that you can tell me if it's good or not.

This is the last idea I have for this song, so I wrote it as an ending.
If you like it, then we will be able to begin to record it.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 AM

Hey Elric, I'd like to help you there.....but all I know about music notes is that they're usually black, they're on and between horizontal lines, they have flags, they come in 1/4's, 1/8's etc....AND....they ultimately make an ear pleasing sound. (excluding some ear BLASTER music) Having said that, I haven't heard any of your music, I tried once to get in Rifftrader (when you first posted) and got lost in cyberspace. Have you a "myspace page"? I'd really like to hear what you're doing. Rob / yorksrvc

www.myspace.com/agedwip
Old 06-22-2006, 08:19 AM

I can send you a midi file of the current song York. Well, it seems it will not be finished before ages, our Moonies friends are very busy
Old 06-23-2006, 11:34 AM

Elric......you can send it to yorksrvc@msn.com I'll let you know when I get it. Not sure what my schedule is for the weekend..........waiting for my wife to release it
Old 06-23-2006, 12:54 PM

Sent York.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:59 AM

Sorry it took me so long to get back. I got the files. I spent some time Sunday trying to get it to play on my Ableton software. I finally got it to work, but it wasn't quite together as it was, just playing it through my Media Player. The strings didn't show up in my program files, yet I heard them in Media player. I spent about 2 hours trying to get things working and listening. I'll get back to it, during my next weekend music marathon. Thanks!! Rob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: