Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2015, 06:36 PM

Bent Knee (recent prog band from Boston)

I don't really take it upon myself to promote or mention bands much these days but I wanted to start this thread mentioning a recent US band, Bent Knee, for a few reasons. One, they created a bit of discussion recently on the progressive ears website. Also, they aren't on this site yet(although they probably deserve to be) and finally, they have been added to the lineup for next years Rosfest(2016) so many on here will want to be familiar with them for that reason alone. What I have heard so far sounds really good. They kind of remind me of Moetar. They have two female members including a female vocalist and have a very tight modern sound that isn't really neo or symph but possibly closer to something like Canterbury. Probably the best description is "eclectic" which is what I think they are labelled at over on progarchives. Speaking of which, here is their entry from there: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9175 There's a music sample on that page as well. Finally, here is the band's website which also includes some sound samples: http://www.bentkneemusic.com/

I hope this band's music can find it's way onto AM in the near future.

Also, I want to mention that I am not associated with this band in any way.

Last edited by Mike413 : 10-14-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: