Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Station News > Website
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Patron

LMLU doesn't display in FF 4

I just noticed this and I thought it would be useful to mention it here, Vax.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:59 PM
No clue anymore

Re: LMLU doesn't display in FF 4

FF 4 does a lot of things it shouldn't too!

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me
Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho92 View Post
I just noticed this and I thought it would be useful to mention it here, Vax.
I think it would be best to discuss the full environment.

I have downloaded FF4 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and it looks just fine. I also have a 'beta' (haven't yet downloaded the final) version of FF4 on my Ubuntu laptop. It too seems fine.

I'm going to have to assume that the reports hereto have been on a platform OTHER than Linux or Mac OS X.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume LMLU stands for Latest Music Library Updates.

I've been using all of the FF v4 editions starting with the early betas going back into last fall. I have absolutely no issues of display with this site. I run Win7 in several environments from an 8 year old laptop to a i7 powered laptop, and several desktop pc's to boot.

you might check to see if your flash and java versions are completely up to date.

I'd also be curious by what you mean by "doesn't display".

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Patron

I see the latest music updates. However, I cannot log out in FF 4.0. have to go to IE to log out.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
I think it would be best to discuss the full environment.

I have downloaded FF4 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and it looks just fine. I also have a 'beta' (haven't yet downloaded the final) version of FF4 on my Ubuntu laptop. It too seems fine.

I'm going to have to assume that the reports hereto have been on a platform OTHER than Linux or Mac OS X.
Windows XP and latest version of FF 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume LMLU stands for Latest Music Library Updates.

I've been using all of the FF v4 editions starting with the early betas going back into last fall. I have absolutely no issues of display with this site. I run Win7 in several environments from an 8 year old laptop to a i7 powered laptop, and several desktop pc's to boot.

you might check to see if your flash and java versions are completely up to date.

I'd also be curious by what you mean by "doesn't display".
Yes on LMLU, Dale. Turns out I had removed Java and that was the culprit.

Sorry for the false alarm.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
I see the latest music updates. However, I cannot log out in FF 4.0. have to go to IE to log out.
Ken, I may get scolded, but I never log out. Saves me so much time popping in and out of the site everyday.

A couple of things to try: as with GR8 you may want to check that flash and java are the newest updates. In a state of being logged out, try deleting the moon site cookies, then your bookmark for the site. Reboot (couldn't hurt). Once you're back. go to the site without using bookmark or favorite, sign-in, then create a new bookmark.

Oh, perhaps try this first, go into the forum on our site while logged in and us the log out feature there rather than on the main page.

Good luck and let me know how it works out.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:28 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003

I checked the login/logout claim with FF4 on Mac OS X 10.5.8. No problem seen there.

The LMLU is JavaScript, CSS and HTML generated by PHP code; there's no Java or Flash. In fact, the site is devoid of Java and Flash save for the sound announcing a new post in the shout box if you've enabled it. If you have disabled JavaScript, would you would not see the LMLU (or the Now Playing window) and you would not be able to shout. Javascript/AJAX drives much of the Aural Moon web site experience.

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 04-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
The LMLU is JavaScript, CSS and HTML generated by PHP code; there's no Java or Flash. In fact, the site is devoid of Java and Flash save for the sound announcing a new post in the shout box if you've enabled it. If you have disabled JavaScript, would you would not see the LMLU (or the Now Playing window) and you would not be able to shout. Javascript/AJAX drives much of the Aural Moon web site experience.
I may play around some more with this. Throughout this time, I was able to shout.

Installing Java for some reason cured the missing LMLU.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post
I just had an interesting happening with ff 4.0, windows XP pro, and all my shit has been upgraded cause i went through all that crap to get my new mp3 gizmo to work.

Here's what happened. I was reading this thread, I hit my back arrow to return to the home page. the section with the flags disappeared but was now occupying the latest releases and the AM time map. The recently payed area(about 4 songs old) was in the opinion section. Actually, I kinda like it. Keeps me guessing. Not. Whatever, If I knew it was a beta I'd have never used it. I may hunt down an older version and go back. I don't do betas as a rule.

Ok, talk amongst yourselves.
FF 4 isn't really in beta anymore. The worst it can be is release candidate, but I think Mozilla now considers it GA.

Today I uninstalled Java again and cleaned up the registry using CCleaner and the rebooted. I did this because Vax said the site doesn't need Java, and in fact I can now confirm the LMLU displays fine.

Thanks for your help, Vax and Dale.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:07 PM
progger propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho92 View Post
FF 4 isn't really in beta anymore. The worst it can be is release candidate, but I think Mozilla now considers it GA.

Today I uninstalled Java again and cleaned up the registry using CCleaner and the rebooted. I did this because Vax said the site doesn't need Java, and in fact I can now confirm the LMLU displays fine.

Thanks for your help, Vax and Dale.
Well, I think since I wrote the LMLU, I'd know.

I've stuck to web basics. HTML, CSS and JavaScript. There's only the little Flash used for the shout box alarm. I've been meaning to change that too but a few moonies said they rely upon it.

I've found other issues with FF4 (not related to the AM site) and I don't believe it's quite ready for prime time.

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 04-02-2011, 03:40 PM

While Flash and Java has nothing to do with the composition of this wonderfully structured and stable website (thank you very much, V-man), FF does depend on those languages for other reasons (not that I know which and what they are). When I've upgraded to V4 beta and later RC and current edition, each time it prompted me to update my flash to the latest V as well. Its just part of the weird and wacky world of m$. Besides, what kind of fun is it when everything works correctly all the time? Where's the challenge in that?

Happiness is a worn pun!

Last edited by OverHillandDale : 04-02-2011 at 10:27 PM.