Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Library/Song Corrections and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 07:49 PM
El Queso Grande

Location: Feet from the southern tip of the San Francisco Bay. Pity me.
Send a message via ICQ to Roger -Dot- Lee Send a message via AIM to Roger -Dot- Lee
Welcome to the Library Correction forum!

Greetings.

Due to the large volume of issues and corrections inherant in a music library of the magnitude enjoyed by Aural Moon, there will be errors in the playlist. This is a place where you can post those corrections with some hope of them actually being addressed. We at Aural Moon realize that there are many fixes to be made (as is with any project this size), and sometimes these 'bugs', be they misspelled titles or songs that just don't sound right, or anything like that, slip through the cracks. It isn't because we don't care, it's just that there's only so much that gets done before the information slips our Beloved Technical Manager's mind.

The way I'd like to handle this:

If you find a typo or any other issue with the playlist, post a new thread about it. I'll then be able to sort through, see what needs to be changed, and address them (and post my response to the same thread) as they get fixed. We'll post what happened after it's done.

Don't despair if you don't see a response shortly. What I'll likely do is wait for a few corrections to build up and then fix them all at one swell foop (unless it's a doozie, of course, then all bets are off).

Having them set up in their own seperate thread will make it a lot easier to keep track of what's done and what still needs attention.

This forum is definitely not limited to library corrections, however. If you find a song doesn't sound good, or if there's dead air in a song, or if a song SHOULD continue on to part two but doesn't, post about it.

It'll be a lot easier to keep track of what's wrong this way.

Many thanks to Rick and Roll for the idea. In all honesty, it's long overdue.

Roger -Dot- Lee
Officially sanctioned station dude emeritus
Generally agreed upon second in command of OS, Web, and hardware. On the Moon.

"[m]y iPod is solar powered" Aural Moon!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:16 PM

Re: Welcome to the Library Correction forum!

In your songs lists, the song from Seru Giran, the title is "En la vereda del sol" not "tereda"
Old 10-21-2012, 04:29 PM

".. or if a song SHOULD continue on to part two but doesn't, post about it...." just a suggestion..ALASKAN SUITE from LYLE MAYS ...it would be nice to play parts like one masterpiece.......just a suggestion. And thanks to give a chance to express an opinion here..congrats !
Old 10-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Patron

OK, no big deal, right? But Tale Cue- Voices Beyond My Curtain showed the French flag when the band is actually Italian. A minor thing, but still, in the never ending goal of perfection..........
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 AM

Another minor detail: the song lengths indicated for the tunes on Lalle Larsson's Nightscapes appear to be way too long...
Total playing time comes to 245.76 minutes (more than 4 hours) for 7 tunes. One tune is marked as being more than 2 hours long.
Some moonies would request that one every weekend!

Old 10-28-2012, 11:14 AM
No clue anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylolo View Post
......Total playing time comes to 245.76 minutes ......

Reingold records says, 69:17

I added up the song lengths for my copy and it totals to 97:11 on one CD. Yep. A glitch somewhere.

an interesting thing, the title track when I play it in winamp is 191 minutes! but it plays normally. And it's pretty good too.

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me
Old 10-28-2012, 04:20 PM

Sometimes I'll notice that a band has a release date of say 2010 when in fact the album was originally released in say 1977 and the date showing as the release date is actually just the date of the reissue. I can't give specific examples at the moment but I know I have seen that. My knowledge of progressive rock is such(not to sound like I'm bragging)that I know what I'm talking about as far as the original release date goes. :P
Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Patron

Little Tragedies album New Faust. Track should be "The Prophets", not "The Prohets"
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to GKTed

Beardfish's The Void,
Track 11 is duplicate of track 9.
on my cd, Track 11 is a solo piano/vocal version of
of Ludvig and Sverker, and runs 6.26. I had requested
the version in Lib. thinking it might be an extra long
bonus track version of L&S, and found out that it was
a duplicate version of track 9, the Void.
Thought I would point this out.
thanks
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: