Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Station News > Aural Moon Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian
Forum Closing Soon

We're in the final stages of the new website launch, and it will require that we close the forums for a few days while we intergrate all the user and post data into the new website.

The forum will close, and reopen on the new site, which I hope will be up when we transfer the domain to the new address later this week.

So fear not! Great things are comin!

Avian
Old 07-10-2006, 06:49 PM

Re: Forum Closing Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian
We're in the final stages of the new website launch, and it will require that we close the forums for a few days while we intergrate all the user and post data into the new website.

The forum will close, and reopen on the new site, which I hope will be up when we transfer the domain to the new address later this week.

So fear not! Great things are comin!

Avian
Oh no, I will die!

Old 07-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Patron

Rick.

I read this, thought "Rick will die", scroll down and what do I see. tee hee!

Thank you Avian for all the energy you're putting into this. I'd thank you personally but white has eluded me lately. Looking forward!!

m
Old 07-10-2006, 07:22 PM

No fear.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian

By the way, the new site is optimized for Mozilla Firefox. IF you're needing a good excuse to switcdh to the best browser on the web, now's your chance!! Firefox is highly recommended!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Progger since 1966

I know my sign-in NO. But didn't even know my forum signin was diff.
How do I Find it? After I sign in on the Webpage, I just click on forums, and I'm there and it Knows me. My user CP asks for my present signin in order to change it but no clue how to find it. I'm not a puter man so I'm sure I'm missing something
How do I find out what my FORUM sign-in is so I can use it on the New Deal
Thank You all in Management for all your hard work to keep this treasure going
Old 07-11-2006, 11:32 AM

Why is Firefox so much better than IE? We not-so-tech-savvy want to know.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Is the browser intended instead of say, Google?

Also, do you know an ETA of when the forums will close?
Old 07-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Owner Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharcnorris
I know my sign-in NO. But didn't even know my forum signin was diff.
How do I Find it? After I sign in on the Webpage, I just click on forums, and I'm there and it Knows me. My user CP asks for my present signin in order to change it but no clue how to find it. I'm not a puter man so I'm sure I'm missing something
How do I find out what my FORUM sign-in is so I can use it on the New Deal
Thank You all in Management for all your hard work to keep this treasure going
There's a good chance it will just keep working the exact samae way it is now.

But if you'd like to know what your password is, just click on User CP above, click on Edit Email and Password.

Avian
Old 07-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Owner Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesspaz
Why is Firefox so much better than IE? We not-so-tech-savvy want to know.
INternet Explorer has been around so long, and you add that it has been coded by Microsoft for teh entire time (you know, the guys who brought you the blue screen of death), and so really interprets web pages..well, wrong. Instead of interpreting web standard language correctly, bugs in IE display the web page incorectly, resulting in glitches and all sort of ugly stuff. Web developers these days have to code web pages two different ways - one correctly, and one with all kinds of workaround for the IE bugs!

Firefox/Mozilla adhears to the web standards very well, so web pages appear correctly. PLus, it has tabs (you have have several web pages open within the same window), and all kinds of cool plugins to download.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Owner Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll
Is the browser intended instead of say, Google?

Also, do you know an ETA of when the forums will close?
By web browser, I'm talking about the program you're using to read this - Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc. Not a search engine or other web page.

My best estimate is that the forums will close on Thursday and reopen with the new website on Sunday/Monday (depending on how long it takes the domain change to propogate to your part of the internet). We're waiting for Roger to get back into town.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
By web browser, I'm talking about the program you're using to read this - Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc. Not a search engine or other web page.

My best estimate is that the forums will close on Thursday and reopen with the new website on Sunday/Monday (depending on how long it takes the domain change to propogate to your part of the internet). We're waiting for Roger to get back into town.
Excellent...I'll be away Fri-Mon

While I have your attention, I'm putting the cart before the horse, but it appears I'll be going full-time during the day at one job. That means my faff time will drop considerably during working hours...and means I'll have to move the Monday replay of the show.

Will let you all know soon....
Old 07-11-2006, 07:06 PM
KeithieW

Hey Ho!!!

I'll just wait and see if it all works after the big change over. I hope it does.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Patron

great news avian,

luckily i remember both my log in info so hopefully there will be no problems...but for others who've never signed into the forums will that present a problem?...hoping not

any who i like the way the web notice appears on the page and am waiting patiently for the unveiling of the new site...this is as exciting as the day i discovered the current site & blackbox...

poda
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Owner Emeritus

The new website will be great - improved blackbox, improved chat, much, much better playlist and request navigation, request dedications (which I think you guys will love) as well as an improved photo gallery, prog rock news, and mroe to come in the future.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:11 AM

Quote:
improved photo gallery
So where will Keithie's pic be?
Old 07-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Owner Emeritus

And super special thanks to VAX for hosting the new website at his house!! It's great to have all of our important functions on machines we all actually own.

VAX's gracious donation of bandwidth and computer time/space will reduce Jim's financial burden, which is a really good thing.

Of course, we should all be thanking Jim at times like these - if it wasn't for him, AM wouldn't be anywhere, and his continued support of the entire site makes all of this possible. So send that boy some love!!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
And super special thanks to VAX for hosting the new website at his house!! It's great to have all of our important functions on machines we all actually own.

VAX's gracious donation of bandwidth and computer time/space will reduce Jim's financial burden, which is a really good thing.

Of course, we should all be thanking Jim at times like these - if it wasn't for him, AM wouldn't be anywhere, and his continued support of the entire site makes all of this possible. So send that boy some love!!
Well said! And the work by them, Roger, Jam and yourself in fixing the station in times of need is also great!

If you've ever heard the George Carlin routine on sending love, your statement conjures up some vivid images....maybe just incessant genuflection would suffice?