Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2003, 01:28 PM
KeithieW

Thumbs up AM's Birthday!!!

Just a thought but when is Aural Moon's birthday? I see that Avian was the first to register on 22/5/01 (or should that be 5/22/01???) and wonder if that is the date. Could be, of course, that this is when the forums started up and nothing to do with the Station as a whole. Any plans for a special program to commemorate the occasion?

Maybe we could all suggest a favorite track to be played on the day.............just another of my hare brained ideas.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian
Hee hee - we're much older than that, actually (we didn't have forums until 2001). But it appears our birthday IS coming up!

Here's the original post that I sent out to Usenet announcing our existence. Back then, we were a downloadable weekly show - shortly thereafter going to a live stream. We were still in Boston. This was in the absolute infancy of live365 - hardly resembling what it does today. So, you can probably consider this announcement's date, 6/22/99, as our birthday. Next year's the big 5!

----
Date: 6/22/99
To: alt.music.rush, alt.music.dream-theater, alt.music.jethro-tull, alt.music.marillion, rec.music.newage, alt.music.mp3, alt.music.peter-gabriel, alt.music.phil-collins

We're proud to announce the first edition of a new weekly progressiverock netshow: Aural Moon!

http://www.live365.com/avian/

(insert fanfare here)

Our first few shows are going to be a musical response to the many, many quesitons I answer about people just getting into progressive rock and don't know where to start. It's a sampling of some mainstream stuff, but don't worry - we will be diving into some "more obscure" music soon enough.

Aural Moon "show 0" includes Yes, Genesis, Rush, gentle Giant, King Crimson, Mike Oldfield and others.

So, welcome neo-proggers yearning to learn more, and paleolithic
proggers who want to join us at the beginning of what's going to be a fun trip!

(The mp3 streaming features of the site aren't working due to server side problems - so it's Real Audio only for a bit. 20.7k mono - the best modem-caliber I've heard yet!)

Avian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: