Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Station News > Website
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 AM

Error while trying to log into auralmoon - what this mean ?

Hello guys,

Sometimes i got a message while trying
to log into auralmoon main page, the error is: "In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

It brings me out curiosity because i host a webserver registered domain in this machine i use.

Should i care about? or it just happens ? Or what what?

Thanks

Last edited by DanDare : 03-01-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:56 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Error while trying to log into auralmoon - what this mean ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
Hello guys,

Sometimes i got a message while trying
to log into auralmoon main page, the error is: "In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

It brings me out curiosity because i host a webserver registered domain in this machine i use.

Should i care about? or it just happens ? Or what what?

Thanks
When/if this happens again, would you please send me a screen dump of this so that I can see the full web page context in which this occurs. Thanks.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Hello VAXman,

Yesterday it happened and today it happened again.
Trying to access the main page http://www.auralmoon.com sometimes it works sometimes it dont work, it happens everytime i fisrt log into windows, it loads the auralmoon favicon but fails very quickly to load the page, the error messages in the page are in portuguese but its that default error message "couldnt connect, check your internet". So if i enter auralmoon´s IP in the address bar page loads but fails at the login returning me this: http://meusite.uai.com.br/ianh/am.jpg (i know its forum in the address bar on this image but happens the same for the main page)
The interesting part is that i can load normaly any page on my computer but not auralmoon and if i try to load auralmoon in another computer in the LAN it just works.
For now i added the auralmoon IP on the windows system file 'hosts' setting directly the alias for the main page.
So its very strange what is happening and i cant realy understand but now its fine, i can load page after added AM to the file 'hosts'.
Im posting this as you asked, but really cant find any sense in what is happening.

Thanks for the attention
Old 03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
Hello VAXman,

Yesterday it happened and today it happened again.
Trying to access the main page http://www.auralmoon.com sometimes it works sometimes it dont work, it happens everytime i fisrt log into windows, it loads the auralmoon favicon but fails very quickly to load the page, the error messages in the page are in portuguese but its that default error message "couldnt connect, check your internet". So if i enter auralmoon´s IP in the address bar page loads but fails at the login returning me this: http://meusite.uai.com.br/ianh/am.jpg (i know its forum in the address bar on this image but happens the same for the main page)
The interesting part is that i can load normaly any page on my computer but not auralmoon and if i try to load auralmoon in another computer in the LAN it just works.
For now i added the auralmoon IP on the windows system file 'hosts' setting directly the alias for the main page.
So its very strange what is happening and i cant realy understand but now its fine, i can load page after added AM to the file 'hosts'.
Im posting this as you asked, but really cant find any sense in what is happening.

Thanks for the attention

This might be a silly thing to try, but.....
Do you have the aural moon 'bookmarked", or do you go to it manually each time?

Try working around until you get through and logged into your account on AM. Then add that as your bookmark. See if using that bookmark after that helps the process any.

Again, this could be nothing, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

Boa sorte!

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:17 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
This might be a silly thing to try, but.....
Do you have the aural moon 'bookmarked", or do you go to it manually each time?

Try working around until you get through and logged into your account on AM. Then add that as your bookmark. See if using that bookmark after that helps the process any.

Again, this could be nothing, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

Boa sorte!
Not really silly. The problem stems from logging in directly to the forum and not via the main page login form. The HTTP Referrer: field is the likely candidate for this error. Since the login request (the forum is the backbone of the login authentication scheme here) did not come from AuralMoon.com, the forum (vBulletin) coughs up this error because it doesn't see the Referrer: as AuralMoon.com.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.