Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Cool COTM - Hiatus

This arrival of spring brings me to a crossroad on a personal. I am happy to say that economic indicators in Atlanta are looking up just a little. As a direct result, business in the Landscape Supply world is going crazy in a way it has not for almost 5 years. However, to reap the benefits of this growth, I find I must dedicate myself solely to that endeavor. The seasonal nature of the retail business requires my total attention to the tune of 60 plus hours a week (thank goodness I’m hourly). But this means that I will not be able to continue producing Corner of the Mooniverse. Thus I am putting the show on the back shelf to take a hiatus for an indefinite period of time. I will be back, but I know not when exactly. It does get awfully hot here in the July and August, perhaps I’ll be able to return then.
In another vane, I am also looking at a way to perhaps decrease my workload on the show by paring down and defining the parameters a little more narrowly. I may perhaps shorten the show to 90 minutes. I am also thinking of taking on an hour long show at a different time that is simply an album or artist focus. No commentary, just the music. Say like a Psychedelic Saturday morning; Or Post Rock Overnight; A dedicated fusion Friday hour; that sort of thing.
The time killer was the large amount of research necessary for the commentary and then writing the script. So simplifying my life is key. So you need not worry, you’re not rid of me yet and I still need your with new playlists and ideas about other spotlight shows.
So, friends, until next time, sayonara, I bid you adieu. But keep an ear out for me, because you never know when I’ll be coming around the Corner of the Mooniverse.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:46 PM
A Veritable Paragon

Re: COTM - Hiatus

Good luck Dale, I'm glad finances are looking up in your area. I actually like the theme ideas for your show, and I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into putting the show together...but thank you so much for good times and all your work!!! and I'm looking forward to hearing you back!!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:47 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: COTM - Hiatus

Hey Dale,

We can only be very happy we had 75 amazing shows !
Good luck with the landscape work and see ya here later on !

Thanks for all the work.

ErikM
Old 03-24-2011, 06:29 AM

Dale,

I too want to say THANK YOU!!!! for all you have done with COTM. You ARE amazing. I really appreciate all the hard work and time you have put into it.

I can really appreciate the need to cut back. I am still looking forward to your return and your other show ideas are great.

Take care my Friend!

Regards from Texas,
Ted
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Patron

Everything has 2 sides:

Great that the newly growth to economy has arrive and you can benefit from it.
Not good, that we have to wait a couple of month (and I really hope it is only a couple of month.. ) to hear another excellent COTM show of yours.

I only can join to Ted thanking you for all you effort and dedication. I think we all had a great time listening to your/our shows and cannot wait that it will restart again.

Let us all send our new lists to Dale, so that he "has" to restart soon again!!..

Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Monkeyboy =)

Smile Re: COTM - Hiatus

Dale,
I'm taking this as "personal".....
Just when I start to send you CotM lists...you stop the show.... you could
have just told me you didn't wanna use my lists....its ok with me.... If
I promise not to send you anymore lists...will you come back and do the show

Just kidding! of course....We will all miss hanging out on the Corner of the Moonivers.... hopefully your Landscaping Supply Front....oopss....I just mean
Landscaping Supply venture will really pay off for you.....your secrets safe with me... I won't tell ANYBODY about you hitting the lottery and moving to Italy, assuming a new Identity, living in the Tuscany countryside.......oops sorry... I didn't mean to spill the beans...

Anyway.... Thanks for all the shows and information you've given us...We all really appreciated it.... I know I did!
I'm sure once you had enough of sitting in the lap of luxury...we'll see you once again around the corner of the mooniverse!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM

Dale,

You have to take care of business while the business is there. I feel privileged to have had 3 shows on CotM, (with one more waiting in the cue). Hopefully you will make enough in the high season to allow you time for the show to return in the not too distant future. Your time, effort, insight and humor was always appreciated. I will miss your dulcet tones.

Best of luck.

DD
Old 03-24-2011, 02:50 PM

Thanks for your hard work, Dale, and I'm glad work is picking up for you.

As for the show, yeah, I know how much work they are. I don't think most people have an appreciation for how much goes into a show.

Good job.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
la familia patron

Thanks for your efforts Dale. Grab hold of the current opportunity while it's there. I feel your pain. I have been working 60-70 hours a week myself. Not too much free time. Best wishes!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 AM

Thanks for all of your hard work on COTM. Glad business is picking up for you - it's good to be busy! Looking forward to your return to the Corner.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Thank you all so much for your support. I really appreciate your kind words.

Rest assured I won't be gone too long. I'll find a way to blend the two worlds. A life without prog is like... well, it sucks.

See you back on the corner soon.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 PM

Any chance you can rerun the old shows in your absence?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwstrauss View Post
Any chance you can rerun the old shows in your absence?
Thanks, BW, I appreciate that. I wish it were just as easy as throwing a cd on, but setting up the broadcasts, even a replay, still takes enough time that I can not do so at this time.

However, I am pondering a couple of options that may work as a fill in program. It could be just a random full album without any commentary or intro, or a one hour themed compilation of tracks (again, without commentary).

I would, of course, be happy to accept other, time conscious, suggestions.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Monkeyboy =)

I think we were talking about having SAM pick music from 1 artist, either a complete album or various songs from the artist to take up the 2 hour time slot. I think Yesspaz said he was going to look into setting something like that up or talking to Jim or Vax about it. The obvious problem with that would be if SAM picks an artist thats not well received like GYBE for instance... of course one of their songs could take up a 2 hour time slot.... or just feel like it did....

Anyway...the whole Idea came about by saying that sometimes you like to hear a few songs by the same artist and AM doesn't allow that as a part of the rules... I know myself theres times when I would like to hear more than one track from say.... Jethro Tull or Yes or King Crimson or Genesis.....sooooooo...

Maybe an hour dedicated to one artist would be a good Idea to fill the time slot til we can hang out with Dale on the Corner of the Mooniverse again.....
Old 04-01-2011, 05:26 AM

Okay,

An hour to feature an artist, which will be album and a few tracks by the same artist to round out the 60 +/- minutes.

There will be no commentary.

I think I can manage that for a while until it calms downs.

Ever grateful

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:48 PM

Good Luck on the business bro and i'll be there for the first show back!
Yet seek no vain conclusions . . . . . .

~Peter Sinfield, 'Still'~
Old 04-03-2011, 04:21 AM
KeithieW

Cheers Dale. You are a true star.

Whatever you choose to do or not do I'm sure I couldn't give you enough thanks for what you've already done.

See you in May.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: