Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Moon O'Poll
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2008, 01:33 PM

Re: Moon O'Poll 2008 / RFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Hope I did express myself now well..
Got it!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:03 PM

The idea of Rick playing 2008 albums is totally accpetable as Rick has right to play what he wants and also his show is known for presentation of new releases. But no doubt, it will influence the poll pretty much. This is why I'd say that RFW thing (if doable) would be superb addition to current situation. With Rick presenting some 2008 tunes it would be cool 2008 summary combo and random picks would make whole summary more neutral. If we could get both those ideas, that would be great.

And yes, I think about the poll. I think about some changes as in the last two years the community interest in the poll looked smaller and smaller. Not sure why: maybe excitement of a not anymore new show just was gone. Or maybe formula wasn't catchy. But the fact is I think of something that would bring those times of poll frenzy when so many people were really excited, made those stunning voice jingles and it was obvious that the poll boosted whole community spirit. So I still hesitate but I'll make my decision soon.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek View Post
The idea of Rick playing 2008 albums is totally accpetable as Rick has right to play what he wants and also his show is known for presentation of new releases. But no doubt, it will influence the poll pretty much. This is why I'd say that RFW thing (if doable) would be superb addition to current situation. With Rick presenting some 2008 tunes it would be cool 2008 summary combo and random picks would make whole summary more neutral. If we could get both those ideas, that would be great.

And yes, I think about the poll. I think about some changes as in the last two years the community interest in the poll looked smaller and smaller. Not sure why: maybe excitement of a not anymore new show just was gone. Or maybe formula wasn't catchy. But the fact is I think of something that would bring those times of poll frenzy when so many people were really excited, made those stunning voice jingles and it was obvious that the poll boosted whole community spirit. So I still hesitate but I'll make my decision soon.
Woj..You are alive.. This is so great!!!

Please, as the Moon O'Poll is nearing, please let us have asap your deadlines and your comments. I think, if you prefer some RFW with the 2008 releases, management will arrange it. Nevertheless I love the idea of Rick presenting his fav's of 2008 (and making an preselection for us all)..Let's convince Management to arrange both!

Woj. come in more frequent..

Old 11-04-2008, 08:43 PM

I have the last show of 2008 and the first of 2009 earmarked for 2008 releases...mostly random, I'm not tipping my hand as to which I like...
Old 11-10-2008, 11:14 AM

Ok briefly:

As usual we have two possibilities time-wise.
1) To go with show around New Year what means better atmosphere but problem of albums classification.
2) Show in Ferbruary with voting in January.

I'd prefer 1) (for example on Jan 3) but without endless debates on what should be considered as 2008 release and then voting would have to end on Christmas.

Let me know what you think.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Patron

I don't mind either - but if you go for early Jan show then albums released in December must count for the year after as too few will have heard them. This means the format must then remain the same the year after to be fair.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogorMortis View Post
I don't mind either - but if you go for early Jan show then albums released in December must count for the year after as too few will have heard them. This means the format must then remain the same the year after to be fair.
We had this discussion already last year. I personally would like a show between X-Mas and New Year, as we used to have it (the show was always part of the X-Mas holidays....), but I agree with Rogor. In order to be fair, we have to wait until February in order to consider the Dec releases.

Rogor, is the Upcoming Releases News accurate for 2008?. If not we should have a thread with the 2008 releases already now in the Forums with the remark of the one's requestable here on the Moon...But I think this is whishfull thinking as it is alot of work..

But the info about the Upcomming Releases being accurate would be helpful..

Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 AM

Ok, my final suggestion is that we start with poll on 5th Dec and there will be 20 days for voting. So voting till Christmas and I suggest show on 3rd Jan.

Not sure about the list of 2008 releases, though. People still vote for albums out of the list so maybe a request to vote only for prog rock albums will be enough. But if there is an easy way to compile such list, then the list will apear as well.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek View Post
Ok, my final suggestion is that we start with poll on 5th Dec and there will be 20 days for voting. So voting till Christmas and I suggest show on 3rd Jan.

Not sure about the list of 2008 releases, though. People still vote for albums out of the list so maybe a request to vote only for prog rock albums will be enough. But if there is an easy way to compile such list, then the list will apear as well.
The Gagliarchives has already started the top 100. If I remember, on the website is a comprehensive list - to twist a phrase, "if it's not there, it's not anywhere"

This week I will play three full releases. I will also devote the Dec 21/22 show to 2008 releases. I was to do the following week but since voting will be closed it makes no sense.

So to summarize:

Someone please pull the Gags list for 2008 (copy and paste)?
I will play three full discs this week, and a song from as many as I can on the 12/21-22 show.
I'll block out the Jan 4 and 5 Rickter Scales for the replay.

Thank you Wojtek - look forward to having some of your music to be considered

Last edited by Rick and Roll : 12-02-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Sounds like a winner - let's do it!

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 PM
KeithieW

Agreed....let's do it!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:51 AM

I didn't see the choice list from the Gags site, but I'm sure an enterprising soul will come up with a list. Top 10 looks mighty solid this year.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 PM

Rick, thanks for reserving your January shows for the replay.
Officially then: we're starting on Friday.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll View Post
I didn't see the choice list from the Gags site, but I'm sure an enterprising soul will come up with a list. Top 10 looks mighty solid this year.
Rick & Wojtek

I chatted with Tom G. today and he said he'd email the spreadsheet of their new album for 08 to me. That's the pre-poll list. Hopefully that can help us get the list together.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
Rick & Wojtek

I chatted with Tom G. today and he said he'd email the spreadsheet of their new album for 08 to me. That's the pre-poll list. Hopefully that can help us get the list together.

Excellent!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
Rick & Wojtek

That's great. If we can make use of this, could you email it to me (woj.tek@wp.pl)? Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: