Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - REPEAT - Feature #33 - Rockin' Prog

Greetings Prog Rockers.

Spring has sprung and my store is a happy and very busy place. Please enjoy this encore broadcast of Feature #33 - Rockin' Prog from 1972.

This week I will be featuring three artists. I thought it would be a good time to return to the rock side of progressive rock after several weeks of jazz rock and fusion.

All three albums are right around 1970 +/-. I'll open with the 2nd album from Paladin entitled Charge! That's the one with the great Roger Dean illustration of a charging horse. Classic.

After that we'll look at a group that is more "Prog Related." There was hope that they might evolve into a full fledged progressive rock group, but they veered off onto another path. We're going to check out their debut self-titled album, Styx.

Our third group today is an early Prog band that formed in 1967 and released their first album in 1969, Here on the Moon we have their 2nd album and more, but not this debut. So I am happy to announce an Aural Moon Premiere playing of this album. Now, I'm going to keep it a surprise until I play it, but I know you will enjoy it.

Thanks for tuning in folks.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: