Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Station News > Website
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2010, 04:23 PM

Question Listening to the AM HQ 128k stream on a standalone device

Hi all! Glad I found this station. I really would like to become a patron and listen to the 128k stream, as long as I can run it on a web radio tuner hooked to my home HiFi system when my comp is turned off. My device is the Sagem "My Web Tuner 500", which uses the vtuner.com database. In this database the common AM 56k stream is a preset, which is great. It also lets you maintain a personal favorites list by adding stream URLs manually. However, somewhere on the AM website I read the 128k stream is password protected. I'm not sure if my Sagem can handle a password protected stream, so here are my questions: Will the 128k stream work on my Sagem? Is it just a custom personal stream URL? If so, I could easily add it to my personal fav list on vtuner. If it's password protected, how can I enter username/pass in my Sagem? Found nothing in the user manual. Are there other experiences with standalone devices / web radio tuners?
Thanks in advance guys
Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Listening to the AM HQ 128k stream on a standalone device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammeh View Post
Hi all! Glad I found this station. I really would like to become a patron and listen to the 128k stream, as long as I can run it on a web radio tuner hooked to my home HiFi system when my comp is turned off. My device is the Sagem "My Web Tuner 500", which uses the vtuner.com database. In this database the common AM 56k stream is a preset, which is great. It also lets you maintain a personal favorites list by adding stream URLs manually. However, somewhere on the AM website I read the 128k stream is password protected. I'm not sure if my Sagem can handle a password protected stream, so here are my questions: Will the 128k stream work on my Sagem? Is it just a custom personal stream URL? If so, I could easily add it to my personal fav list on vtuner. If it's password protected, how can I enter username/pass in my Sagem? Found nothing in the user manual. Are there other experiences with standalone devices / web radio tuners?
Thanks in advance guys
Presently, the 128kbps stream is NOT password protected. At some stage in the future, more players will come of age and allow for password protected streams. At that time, the streams will very likely become password protected. The AAC+ streams are presently password protected.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 06-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Hi VAXman! Thank you for fast reply. So the 128k stream will work in my sagem for the moment. I think I'll give it a go and sign up for patron
Old 06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammeh View Post
Hi VAXman! Thank you for fast reply. So the 128k stream will work in my sagem for the moment. I think I'll give it a go and sign up for patron
As long as you can specify a URL in this radio device, you should have no problem.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 06-30-2010, 02:00 AM

Yep, 128kbps stream is running on my Sagem right now. Thanks!