Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #386 - Encore of COTM #212

Hello all. I give you an encore performance of a show from early June in 2015. It introduced Louis Clark to the Moon library. It also features an album by Etcetera. Below is the forum post from that week.

COTM - #212 - Louis Clark & Etcetera
Hello Prog Lovers!

This week I have two Aural Moon debuts. The first feature artist is Louis Clark. He was the conductor and arranger of the orchestra/choir that backed Electric Light Orchestra. He also had a relationship with Renaissance as he did the arrangement for the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra when they performed together in Albert Hall. In 1979 he did a solo project which included many guest artists, including John Tout as I had mentioned during his tribute show. The album is titled (Per-spek-tiv) n. It's a concept album in two parts, one part per album side.

The second feature is the group Etcetera. They are from Denmark. What started as a high school band in 1986 progressed into the real deal after more than a decade of gigs and lineup changes. The group is definitely in the style of symphonic prog, influenced by the groups Jethro Tull, Gentle Giant, Moody Blues, Genesis and even King Crimson.

The album that I will debut on Aural Moon is Tales of Ardour and Deceit. It was released in 2003 and turned out to be their last release. I think you will really like this group.

I have space for a little more music, but I'll let that be a surprise. I hope to see you all on the radio and shout box.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: