Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM #55 - Synergy

Greetings Mooniversians

Just a quick note (I'll add more info later) to let you know what's in store for this weeks Corner of the Mooniverse.

We're going to get a little electronic with the wizardry of synthesizer master Larry Fast. He created a group called Synergy in 1975 and we will sample his first two albums under that name: Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra and Sequencer.

Some of you may know that Larry Fast has guest appearances with a number of artists, such as Annie Haslem, Kate Bush and Nektar. In fact, his electronic orchestrations are rather prominent on their album Recycled. I'll finish off the show with that album. Yum.

I hope you can join us. (it's okay if you're watching the playoffs while you listen).

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:41 AM

Re: COTM #55 - Synergy

OHD,

Great idea for a show. Synergy & Larry Fast are amazing. Who was in Synergy besides Larry Fast?

Looking forward to the show - but will probably have to catch the rebroadcast. Got a date with my lovely wife tonight! Woo Hoo!

Regards from Texas,
Ted
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Ted, hope you had a great date. I even had a date with my lovely wife too.

Enjoy the Show today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
OHD,

Great idea for a show. Synergy & Larry Fast are amazing. Who was in Synergy besides Larry Fast?

Looking forward to the show - but will probably have to catch the rebroadcast. Got a date with my lovely wife tonight! Woo Hoo!

Regards from Texas,
Ted

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:53 AM

I saw Larry Fast as Gabriels keyboard player on his first solo tour. It also included Fripp, Levin and Steve Hunter. Not a bad lineup. Looking forward to the show Dale.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
OHD,

Synergy is Larry Fast, Lawrence Roger Fast and Larry "Wires" Fast.

In other words, Synergy is just Larry and lots of overdubbing and computer sequencing.

I met Larry first when he was a DJ at WSAN in Allentown, PA and then, a few years later at his studio in West Orange NJ -- just down the road from a college friend's home. The Sequencer album is one of my favorites because Larry actually spent a lot of time doing some pioneering computer programming to pull of that recording... all in the days of the Analog Synthesizer.

Larry tends to show up every now and then at gigs around my area. NF and Renaissance/Annie Haslam gigs mostly. He's great to talk with if you ever get a chance. I had him do an Aural Moon promo at one of Annie's gigs but the background noises picked up during his promo made it unusable. I'll try to get him to do another.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
I had him do an Aural Moon promo at one of Annie's gigs but the background noises picked up during his promo made it unusable. I'll try to get him to do another.
That would be awesome, Vax.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM

Dale,

Great selections. I'm really enjoying the Nektar. It was very likely that this is the album the pushed over to the realm of "prog" for good. Oh sure, I was listening to the "big" prog names of the day, but only because they were "big". But then...

I remember that I was home from school sick one day, listening to the radio, half asleep, when the station started to play "Recycled". I sat up in a "what the hell is this?" moment. Prog had my attention...and has not yet let go.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
I met Larry first when he was a DJ at WSAN in Allentown, PA
I wonder if he ever heard me blasting "Games" from the Maverick while I was delivering pizzas in Allentown in the 80s. Fantastic stuff.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 AM

It's funny how folks react to things I don't really foresee. I didn't think Synergy would be so popular, but it's a very pleasant surprise to see such favorable memories and reactions.

Thank you all for sharing.

One last chance to catch a replay at 5am Wednesday morning.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: