Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Music Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2002, 11:58 AM

Clannad, Echolyn, Laurie Anderson

things I'd like to see:

Clannad's _Banba_ album, particularly the first cut. ("Na Laethe Bhi" IIRC) (if Enya makes it here, Clannad should at least have a token showing, and that album is one of their best IMHO)

Echolyn "How long have I waited" (can't find my copy, must have loaned it to a friend so I don't have the cd title here)

Laurie Anderson has some rather interesting stuff too, but I don't know if it falls under Prog genre or not.

How do you folks go about acquiring new music for the stacks?
Old 06-06-2002, 01:59 PM
Owner/Program Director

"How do you folks go about acquiring new music for the stacks?"

Avian or myself track it down and buy it. You're essentially listening to our personal collections here.

I'll probably be buying some more Echolyn from the band at NEARfest. Clannad - I agree that some of their stuff could fit, just haven't gone out and gotten any yet. Could happen yet, particularly if I find it on sale. Same with Laurie Anderson - I think some of her stuff would fit nicely on AM.
Old 06-06-2002, 03:54 PM

I noticed I have quite a few cd's in my collection that you seem to be missing. just now realized you were missing Patrick Moraz's _Out in the Sun_ , while I was skimming around. Roxy Music's _Avalon_, Todd Rundgren's _Initiation_, Gentle Giant's _Free Hand_ and _Civilian_, Trevor Rabin's _Can't Look Away_, Steve Tibbetts' _Yr_ (which has been described as "a guitar player's wet dream"), Hatfield & The North _Rotter's Club_ and obviously _Hatfield & The North_ (now *these* guys take some getting used to!)

I'm sure I could find several others, with a bit of determined rummaging. I don't have this myself, but was surprised to see Area's _Crac!_ missing from the catalog. been wanting to find that one for a while now.

I got the distinct impression from the radio show that mentioned the Delaware valley, that you folks were based in Delaware.. is this true? I'm up near the U of D in Newark. If you actually *are* that close to me, I'd love to help augment your playlist if at all possible.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Owner/Program Director

Nope, we're a virtual collaboration physically located in San Diego, CA (me) and Wichita, KS (Avian). What you heard was a simulcast of the Gagliarchives, which is based out of the Delaware Valley. The broadcast is actually out of Kansas.

I have Roxy Music - Avalon, and will get Moraz' Out In The Sun (have it on vinyl). Just never enough time to add everything to the station that we want.

Hatfield and the North has been requested before, and will make it up here someday. Be patient, and you're always welcome to post reminders on suggestions.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Powerslave
How Long Have I Waited?

FYI:

The Echolyn album in question is "As The World," from 1995.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: