Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2018, 06:55 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #429 - Riff Raff - Encore Presentation of #205

Hello friends. It seems to be a hunker down Friday. The Midwest hunkering down from violent storms and tornadoes. The Northern Midwest and North East are hunkering down for heavy snow in blizzard like winds. Me, it's been a hunkered down kind a day at work at the ole Depot.

So for your enjoyment I bring you an encore presentation of show #205 from about this time of year in 2015. Below is the original show thread. Hope you can join us, provided that your power is still on.

COTM - #205 - Riff Raff and Fields
Greetings Friends.

This week on Corner of the Mooniverse I am featuring two bands from the early 70's. Each of them had an album they recorded that did not get released until years later.

First up is Riff Raff for all you riff raff out there. They recorded their first album in 1972 but it got shelved. So in 1973, they recorded and released a self-titled album. In 1974 they released their next album, Original Man. It was not until 1998 that Outside Looking In, recorded in 1972, was finally released. I'll be playing the self-titled album and Original Man for this week's show.

The second artist is named after its founder Graham Field. He was also the leader of Rare Bird. They released their eponymous album in 1971. The next year they recorded their 2nd album but CBS Records put that in the vaults and never released until just this year - almost 45 years later. The album was just added to the moon which usually is New Moon on Monday material, but since this is actually a 1972 recording, I'm stealing it from Fish. The album is titled "Contrasts - From Urban Roar to Country Peace. Hey, my recent move from Atlanta to Tennessee sounds kind of like that.

I do hope you'll join us this week for these found treasures.

d

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-16-2018, 12:35 PM

Re: COTM - #429 - Riff Raff - Encore Presentation of #205

Fantastic RIFF RAFF ! Thank you amigo,,great show,,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: