Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Music Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2003, 11:37 PM

King Crimson suggestions

There's a tremendous amount of stuff from the boxed sets "Frame by Frame" and "The Great Deceiver" that is worth adding. Beware of some of FBF's material; some of the songs were edited. TGD has some tremendous improvisational material and a killer shortened version of "Larks Tongues Pt I," among many other excellent tracks. "The 20-minute version of "The Talking Drum" from FBF is wonderful.

DGM has released a CD version of "USA." The whole album is excellent, but the two standout tracks that need to be added are "Exiles" (the definitive version in my ears, if there is such a thing) and the improv "Asbury Park." Their version of "Cat Food" is also worth adding (as is the original from "Wake of Poseidon."

The version of "Live Montreal 1984 - Strange Jam" is merely another version of "Red," if I remember correctly (I haven't heard it lately, so my memory may be faulty). The KC Collector's Club has issued some cool things; if you can find either "Funky Jam" or "Sad Woman Jam" from those releases, they are beautiful and well worth adding.

I know, I know, so little money and so much music. Guess you can't use stuff you download from WinMX....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: