Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2002, 02:24 PM
Patron

Send a message via AIM to Sheridan3957
Yes Live Cut ????

3:16 pm Eastern Time 12/07/02.
This is the second time I have heard this live cut by Yes on AuralMoon 128k stream. It's from 1978 or 79 when they were in the round > it starts out with a "Close Encounters" opening instead of Firebird Suite and then launches into Siberian Khatru > the sound quality is EXCELLENT. I always wanted to get my hands on a good quality copy of that beginning and the whole concert. I do have a crappy copy on cassette from 79 or 80. Does anyone know where I can get a good copy of this?

Any help will definitely be appreciated!!!
Thank's, Dave

Sheridan3957@adelphia.net

PS > just heard Jon say at the end of SK that they were at Wembly.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:39 AM
KeithieW

Yes Live 1978-Wembley.

Dave,
I know the gig you're talking about.....I was there! It was during the Tormato tour and they did a couple of nights at Wembley Arena. I remember it as one of the best Yes gigs ever!!!! They did a FANTASTIC medley which lasted ages and included Time and a word, Long distance runaround, The Fish/Survival, Perpetual change and Soon.
I haven't seen a recording of this gig although I'm sure there must be one out there somewhere. However, I did pick up a copy of a double CD at a record fair called "TOURMATO (PART 1+2)".
It 's from a gig in Vancouver coliseum on 5/5/79 and is practically the same set. Recording quality is good/v. good.
Hope this helps you.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:54 AM
Patron

I saw that show in Rochester NY > If I remember correctly it was the 2nd show of the tour. I have a CRAPPY audio cassette copy that I taped off the radio > probably from some Westwood One Radio Network broadcast back in 79. I absolutely loved the Close Encounters beginning to that show. Thank's for the tip on the "TourMato" cd's > will give me something to search for. Anyone out there that nows where I can find a copy of those cd's > please let me know !
Old 12-09-2002, 03:06 PM
KeithieW

Tourmato (Part 1+2)

If it helps anyone the serial number of this 2 CD set is SIRA 25/26 and is on Silver Rarities.

Also go to:

http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/jo.../yesindex2.htm

For a mega-list of "rarities" I've just seen that the Wembley gig from 1978 IS among them.

Happy hunting!!!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:00 AM
Patron

Are there places where I could actually buy the bootleg live cd's?
I have no problem paying for the cd's. The only thing I've come across so far is people who just list their boot collections & a couple who trade. Now that I know what cd's to look for I thought it wouldn't be difficult to find them but I was WRONG!
Frustrated!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: