Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2017, 12:29 PM

“Phaedrus” Digital Magazine & Subscription Service

For Immediate Release

“Phaedrus” Digital Magazine & Subscription Service Issues Rare & Unreleased PROG Music!

Carlos Plaza, leader and main composer of Kotebel, is now Chief Editor of a new quarterly digital magazine and subscription service called “Phaedrus.” The new magazine/service provides awareness among the progressive community and specializes in this genre and, among other content, provides a couple of features that are truly unique! Exclusive PROG music at an affordable price!

Phaedrus Music

“Phaedrus” offers original music that is not available for sale anywhere. In every issue, previously unreleased music is published and subscribers can download it in MP3 of WAV lossless. Says music artist and editor Carlos Plaza Vegas, “In this initial 'Phaedrus' phase, I'm the composer of all these pieces but as soon as 'Phaedrus' gains enough critical mass, I will be purchasing rights for original music from artists that I like. Thus, belonging to the Phaedrus Community will give you access to music that, at least for several years, will not be (legally) accessible by any other means. When the published pieces reach more than 45 minutes, a 'Phaedrus' album is manufactured and released. This album is sent to subscribers at no additional cost (not even shipping).” The digital magazine & subscription service is about to release its first album, “Triptych.”

Classics Choice

In this section, selected progressive rock master works are subject to analysis. It is important to highlight that we are not talking about reviews. The objective of these analyses is to submerge the listener into the details of the work. To allow the listener to discover hidden details, to better understand how the piece has been built, the relationship with the lyrics, the integration with the conceptual framework, etc. For the past 20 years or so, Progressive Rock has found a place among scholars. More and more musicologists are choosing progressive rock pieces as basis for research, doctoral and master's thesis. Many universities now include progressive rock as a course that forms part of music graduate and undergraduate programs. These research papers are aimed at musicians and musicologists and include a lot of technical information that requires a solid music training. These works, as interesting as they are, cannot be fully understood by the average progressive music fan. Carlos explains, “So, what I do as part of these analyses, is to strip from those documents the parts that require profound music knowledge. I select fragments, 'decaffeinate' others, create a lot of new material, and build a detailed analysis that can be followed by any progressive music fan.”

Phaedrus has already published analyses of: “Close to the Edge” (2 articles), “Tarkus,” “Starless,” “Supper’s Ready” (2 articles) and “A Passion Play” (part 1). Next publications are: “A Passion Play” (part 2), “The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway,” “Relayer,”and “Karn Evil 9.”

These analyses renew the listening enjoyment of beloved progressive rock classics but the most important benefit is this: These analyses help to develop listening skills that will enhance your enjoyment of music for the rest of your life!

Other “Phaedrus” sections include:

Kotebel Corner: with exclusive material for Kotebel fans including rare recordings, videos and music analyses.
Articles on a wide range of subjects related to art in general and music in particular.
Album recommendations.

The first album available “Triptych”:

Phaedrus 2 med res.jpg

Watch the promotional video: https://vimeo.com/216530750

“Triptych,” Phaedrus Music's first album, offers a wide variety of styles, from symphonic progressive rock to chamber music. It features Carlos Plaza's facet as a multi-instrumentalist, accompanied by a host of very special guests, including some very known to Kotebel fans.

The album is named after a three-piece suite whose first movement, “Dawn”, is the original piece from which the Adagio from Kotebel's “Concerto for Piano and Electric Ensemble” was based. The album also marks the beginning of a long-term project: to put music to all 22 major Tarot arcana. “Triptych” includes “The Fool”, “The Magician” and “The High Priestess”. The rest will gradually be presented in future Phaedrus Music albums.

Carlos Plaza explains, “ 'Triptych' is an album that will appeal to a wide audience of progressive fans. From hard symphonic pieces like 'Ignition' to classical chamber music like 'The High Priestess', or even Zeuhl ('Magmatron' – my tribute to Magma), it covers a wide palette of textures and styles.

“Although the only way to get this album is by subscribing, subscription is so low that there is really very little difference compared to a standard purchase. The most economic subscription is the Semester Option, that costs 16.98 euros per semester (2.83 euros/month). Since you can cancel the subscription at anytime, you can subscribe, request the album, and for only 5 euros more (assuming the average cost of an album is 12 euros shipping included) you will have 6 months to enjoy all of Phaedrus' private contents and cancel the subscription if you are not interested. The album of course, is yours to keep. So, almost for the price of an ordinary album, you will have a collector's item.”

You can get the album, and listen to excerpts of all the pieces, visiting: www.phaedrus.es/triptych
For more information visit: https://www.phaedrus.es/welcome-to-t...d-of-phaedrus/

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail.com
Old 05-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Patron

Re: “Phaedrus” Digital Magazine & Subscription Service

Hola Carlos,habíamos tenido algún contacto años ha,me parece muy interesante tu nuevo proyecto al que no creo tarde en suscribirme.Mi e-mail sigue siendo el mismo.radoorman@hotmail.com,dime para la suscripción que forma de pago y si es posible con Mastercard y el precio de un año (por ejemplo),el inglés no se me da muy bien pero si lo tengo en pantalla tengo opciones de traducir lo que me interese,saludos animo y adelante.Ramon Porta
Old 05-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Patron

Hola de nuevo he visto vuestra web y a finales de mes me suscribirè por un semestre,lo dicho anteriormente,decirme la forma de pago,saludos y adelante.Ramon Porta
Old 05-20-2017, 10:06 AM

good news ...buenas noticias y agradecido
hola ramon !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: