Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 PM

Loss of a great musician and friend

Hi to all my friends on AM. I am sorry to report that Sam Gauthier, my lifelong friend and electric violinist/lead singer from my old prog/fusion band "North" was found dead in his home in Minneapolis on Monday 3/5. Cause of death is unknown at this time. Sam and I had known each other and played together since 1970. He was a dear friend and a great musician.

We both went to Berklee College of Music along with our other longtime friend and keyboardist Tim Siefkes, known as Kingston Crim on AM. After graduation in 1978 the three of us formed "North" to play the best of prog and fusion (ELP, Genesis, Yes, Rush, Gentle Giant, U.K., Jean Luc Ponty) along with our original material of the same style. We were on the road for many years together. We were fortunate to have a 25 year reunion in 2005 when we got together to play a set for my wifes 50th birthday concert.

Dale will be closing the next Corner of the Mooniverse show starting on Friday 3/9 with North's recording of Jean Luc Ponty's New Country and a dedication to Sam. I hope you can tune in. I will miss my friend very much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: