Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2019, 10:22 AM

Frank Wyatt & Friends To Release 'Zeitgeist'

Frank Wyatt & Friends Featuring Members of Happy The Man, Oblivion Sun & Pedal Giant Animals To Release Project Album Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist is a collaborative music endeavor led by Happy The man legend Frank Wyatt featuring members of the progressive rock bands Happy The Man, Oblivion Sun, and the Pedal Giant Animals Project. Zeitgeist started out as an idea for a Happy The Man reunion CD, but evolved to include other musicians Frank has performed with during his career. The music has been produced in the studios of the respective artists and at Frank's Crafty Hands Studio. This unique gathering of such great musicians has delivered a beautiful and exciting musical experience.

The Artists:
Frank Wyatt: Compositions, Keyboards, Engineering, Project Management
Stan Whitaker: Guitars and Vocals
Kit Watkins: Keyboards
Rick Kennell: Bass Guitar
Mike Beck: Percussion
Cliff Fortney: Vocals
Ron Riddle: Drums
David Rosenthal: Keyboards
Joe Bergamini: Drums
Bill Brasso: Drums
David Hughes: Bass Guitar
Chris Mack: Drums
Peter Princiotto: Orchestration, Sitar
Andrew Colyer: Keyboards
Michael Phipps: Artwork

“The album's concept turned into a sort of 'goodbye, or one last swing at it' as I had been diagnosed with the big 'C' and told I was short on time. I had no idea the project would take so long! I'm five years out of warranty now and still kicking. Perhaps the project has been what's kept me going; I've been too stubborn to give up on completing it. I plan more work already... music is great medicine. Recording the music was a great joy but very difficult to coordinate as everyone performing lives in another state. I was constantly having to put things on hold as one treatment or another made me too sick to function, but the result, I believe, has validated the struggle. The guys all delivered amazing performances. The project musicians are all friends I have played with over the span of my career. They all generously donated their time and talent for the project, and I am so thankful for them.” ~ Frank Wyatt

Track listing
1. Zeitgeist
2. Leaving
3. Twelve Jumps
4. Eleventh Hour
5. The Approach
6. Fred's Song
7. To Venus (Perelandra Mvt. I, Andante)
8. The Green Lady (Perelandra Mvt. II, Allegretto con moto)
9. The Golden Feast (Perelandra Mvt.III, Allegro)
10. Blessed Be He (Perelandra Mvt. IV, Presto)

In closing Frank has this message to impart, “Don't surrender to the daily fog and fear. We are all moving forward on our journey and I am going to keep writing and recording music as long as I am able. It is my voice.”

To purchase: https://frankwyattmusic.com/the-zeitgeist-music

For more information:
https://frankwyattmusic.com/about-zeitgeist
https://www.facebook.com/FrankWyattMusic

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 1-828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail.com
Old 11-06-2019, 09:07 PM

Re: Frank Wyatt & Friends To Release 'Zeitgeist'

That is very exciting, I heard about this almost 4 years ago now and have been waiting for its release

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: