Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #231 - Synergy

Greetings Moon Pies.

This week we are going to sample some other creations from electronic wizard Larry Fast, better know as Synergy (or maybe it was the other way around). Larry is an American artist that as a pianist was introduced to electronic music after taking a computer science class. It seems with a little coaching from Rick Wakeman and Larry blazed his own path in electronic music during the 70's forward. He has played with many of the big names in Progressive rock including Nektar, Peter Gabriel, Yes, Shadowfax and Wendy Carlos (just to mention a few).

In an earlier broadcast a few years back (2012) I showcased Synergy with his two earlier albums, Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra (1975) and Sequencer (1976). For this weeks program I am going to showcase two albums from the 80's: Audion (1981) and a new to the Moon premiere of the soundtrack for The Jupiter Menace (1982). To round out the show I'll have about 30 minutes of time to include a few pieces from Tomita and Jean-Michel Jarre.

I hope you'll join us for this plugged in show.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: