Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #83 - Haze and Good God

Hello folks. I have a show that I hope with give you something "new." Two bands that are not very well known but I hope to alleviate that stigma just a little this week.

The first band is a group called Haze from the UK. They worked primarily during the 80's, BUT don't let that diminish your opinion of them. Their sound is heavily rooted in the 70's sound of Heavy Rock with prog overtones. The two albums will be C'est La Vie (released in 1984) and Cellar Replayed. The 2nd album I think best represents their great sound as it incorporates more components of the Prog sound.

Sandwiched in between the two Haze albums is a little gem I found rummaging the vinyl bins of the world. The band is Good God. They were (sadly) a one-off band from Philadelphia in the early 70's. Their style is Jazz/rock and they do it well.

Come on by on Monday @ noon e.s.t. and catch these new finds.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:27 AM
KeithieW

Re: COTM - #83 - Haze and Good God

Haze were/are a superb band to see live.

In the 80s and 90s I must have seen them getting on for fifty times. They seemed to be permanently on the road. Chris and Paul McMahon and Paul Chisnell became and remain great friends of mine. I remember that they were due to play a gig at an airbase that is just down the road from where I live. I was at work that day but was going to be able to make the gig. Due to circumstances beyond the band's control the gig had to be cancelled so, knowing that I was going to be there, they took a detour, came around to my house and left a note for me.......how good was that? It certainly showed the friendly, family atmosphere of the prog community which still exists to this day.

The two albums that Dale is going to play are superb.

Tracks to listen out for especially are:

On C'est la vie - Don't leave me here (a beautiful outro on guitar from Paul), The Load (Great keys by Chris) and on Fallen leaves the voice of drummer Paul Chisnell. There is also a beautiful ballad called For Whom.

On Cellar Replayed - The Night, I fear that I'll.......... and Survive segue into one another and, in Survive, there is a great bit of interplay between Keys and guitar.

It's great that Dale will be playing tracks by the guys and if you like them pop over to their web site www.worldturtle.org.uk/ and check out their other things.

They are also in the final stages of recording a new CD so watch this space.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM

Re: COTM - #83 - Haze and Good God

very good show DALE,refreshing ,,new and good music best for me gracias amigo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: