Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2016, 07:57 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #257 - Santana and Eberhard Weber

Greetings progressive rock and fusion lovers.

An interesting mix this week for you. I just had to share a couple of new additions to my personal collection, and consequently the Moon's too.

Up first is the 1979 album from Double Bassist and composer Eberhard Weber. This album was recorded at the Tonstudio Bauer in Ludwigsburg West Germany. The first track is an epic 17 min. track that consumes side one of the LP. The other three tracks fill out side two. In addition to the Double Bass, Eberhard also handles the percussion on the album. The musicians he enlisted for this album are Bill Frisell on Guitar & Balalaika, Gary Burton on Vibraphone and Marimba, Bonnie Herman and Norma Winstone are the vocalists.

A very pleasant album, it is a great way to wind down the week or day.

BUT, I'm going to wind you back up with the newest work from Carlos Santana and the ORIGINAL line up of the band. They rekindle the original creative through-line of the band and have come up with a winner. This album has 16 tracks and is solid. I especially like the psychedelic throwback to Filmore East. The original line-up is: Carlos Santana on Guitar & Vocals, Neal Schon on Guitar & Vocals, Gregg Rolie sings lead vocals and plays the Hammond B3 and other keyboards, Michael Shrieve on Drums, Michael Barabello on Congas, percussion & Vocals, Benny Reitveld on Bass and Karl Perazzo on Timbales, other percussion & Vocals.

Hope you can join us this week.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:59 PM

Re: COTM - #257 - Santana and Eberhard Weber

great Weber..,,huge Frisell fan, I know all of his work,, inspiring and unique guitar player Gracias amigo,,
Old 04-18-2016, 06:42 PM

Re: COTM - #257 - Santana and Eberhard Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
I'm going to wind you back up with the newest work from Carlos Santana and the ORIGINAL line up of the band. They rekindle the original creative through-line of the band and have come up with a winner. This album has 16 tracks and is solid. I especially like the psychedelic throwback to Filmore East. The original line-up is: Carlos Santana on Guitar & Vocals, Neal Schon on Guitar & Vocals, Gregg Rolie sings lead vocals and plays the Hammond B3 and other keyboards, Michael Shrieve on Drums, Michael Barabello on Congas, percussion & Vocals, Benny Reitveld on Bass and Karl Perazzo on Timbales, other percussion & Vocals.
I knew this album was coming, but lost track of the release date and it snuck up on me. I cannot WAIT to hear this. Buying now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: