Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #148 - Patrick Moraz (Encore #96)

Greetings my Moon friends.

Now, some of you may find this unbelievable if you're in the northern snow covered areas of the US, but the landscape materials business is taking off already (and it was 29 degrees here in Atlanta two mornings this week). Just can't predict things.
But, anyway, the long and short of it is that I have an encore broadcast of a show from this same week last year. It features two albums by Patrick Moraz (details below in the previous posting.

The other features of the show are being updated. I conclude the 1974 feature of the two albums by YES from that year. I'll play side 4 of Tales from Topographic Oceans. It's titled Ritual - Nous Somes Du Soleil. I also play the 2nd side of Relayer which are the two tracks Sound Chaser and To Be Over (which features Patrick Moraz on keyboards).

I hope you enjoy this modified Encore Performace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
COTM - #96 - Patrick Moraz (original forum posting).

I continue the features on some of the keyboardists that have been a relatively constant thread in the fabric of Progressive Rock. This week, it's Patrick Moraz. The groups he has played with are a Who's Who of progressive rock. It may only be from my perspective, but I think that perhaps his best known collaboration was Relayer with Yes. Certainly, that album is a masterpiece. It was also the album that put him into the public eye and his career took off from there. Relayer, of course, was released in late 1973 or early 1974 (depending on what side of the world you lived).

The albums featured this week are Patrick's first solo album, The Story of I, which was released in 1976 and his third album (self-titled) which was released in 1978.

So I hope you can join us. I'll see you in the Corner of the Mooniverse.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: COTM - #148 - Patrick Moraz (Encore #96)

Hey, is there a pool for the show's starting time?

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: