Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2006, 08:21 PM

windows problem on the new site.

it seems there is a few places in the new layout where windows aren't wide enough for the data on the screen, like the forum for instance...the right side is cutting off stuff.

i also noticed the problem on the top header of the site home page where the song data that's playing and been played is. a couple of times the data went below the window...i noted that the lock wasn't on the window and i could manually slide the hidden data into view, but then that cut the top off, which i could slide back the other way....

is that a known problem...or is it just me being a day late and a dollar short?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:55 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: windows problem on the new site.

buy a Mac!
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 08-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian

Heh - a Mac won't help you either for this problem.

It sounds like the problem is that you are running your computer at a relatively low resolution. You're able to scroll over and see the "missing" stuff on the right? The site is optimized for 1024x768 in the "wide" position. The site also has a "thin" button that makes it visible for 800x600 - to switch between these two resolution settings on the site, find the two buttons just below the "Contact" tab at the top of the screen. BUt I would highly recommend that you use the wide version of the site, and make sure your screen resolution is at least 1024x768

Let me know if this helps.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
It sounds like the problem is that you are running your computer at a relatively low resolution. You're able to scroll over and see the "missing" stuff on the right?
i can scroll over to get the missing data on the right, yes. but, there's actually a bit of the window slider (exactly 1/2) being covered by a gray vertical border line. that looks like a layout issue from my end. my screen res is at 1024x768

Quote:
The site is optimized for 1024x768 in the "wide" position. The site also has a "thin" button that makes it visible for 800x600 - to switch between these >>two resolution settings on the site, find the two buttons just below the "Contact" tab at the top of the screen. BUt I would highly recommend that you use the wide version of the site, and make sure your screen resolution is at least 1024x768
yep, i know where that res change option is on the home page.

either way, that wasn't going to fix the header problem at the top of the site where the song play data is. the problem i saw was when someone had a very large dedication paragraph. it caused the bottom of the song data under it to go in behind the FRAME below it. and... i could scroll that into view. i hung my cursor over the line where the frames would have intersected and the cursor went to the capital I, which indicated i could move the data frame...and it did.

try a real long test dedication paragraph and see if you can replicate what i saw...

Last edited by ricb : 08-12-2006 at 09:26 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: