Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Patron

Peace Through Music

back in the days we used to run around town with 'Peace Through Music' stickers on the back of our cars, jump several years ahead and I find this stream on the web, maybe there is something to this Peace through music thing, anyway enjoy

http://www.playingforchange.com/pop.html
Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: Peace Through Music

All we are saying, is give Peace a chance.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Patron

As much as I would like to believe that music could actually change anything, much less the world, I can't.

And, though I am not a fan, I think Neil Young said it best last year with the following statement:

“The time when music could change the world is past,” he said. “I think it would be very naive to think that in this day and age. The world today is a different place, and that it’s time for science and physics and spirituality to make a difference in this world and to try to save the planet.” Neil Young at the Berlin Film Festival 2008.

Music can't change the world, but people can. Although musicians couldn't possibly do any worse than our current and past politicians.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribguy View Post
....."The world today is a different place, and that it’s time for science and physics and spirituality to make a difference in this world and to try to save the planet.” Neil Young at the Berlin Film Festival 2008.

Music can't change the world, but people can. Although musicians couldn't possibly do any worse than our current and past politicians.
Ah, yes. But, my son, isn't music spiritual? Is not music a form of mathematical expression (science), and does not the instruments upon which musicians play have to have a force or element of physics applied to it in it's creation or playing.

Things to make you go...... hmmmm.

Music itself can not affect change, but the spiritual bond created between the PEOPLE gathered to share that music for a cause DO.

Besides, who died and gave Neil Young a brain? Whose spiritual leader was he? David Crosby could be one, he's altered his mind enough to see god several times over.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
Ah, yes. But, my son, isn't music spiritual? Is not music a form of mathematical expression (science), and does not the instruments upon which musicians play have to have a force or element of physics applied to it in it's creation or playing.

Things to make you go...... hmmmm.

Music itself can not affect change, but the spiritual bond created between the PEOPLE gathered to share that music for a cause DO.

Besides, who died and gave Neil Young a brain? Whose spiritual leader was he? David Crosby could be one, he's altered his mind enough to see god several times over.
I never said Neil had a brain...
Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribguy View Post
I never said Neil had a brain...

I like Trains.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:05 AM
KeithieW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
That is so true Dale...............it's the people who make a difference and the music is a wonderful vehicle for bringing minds and souls together. What happens when we are together "under the one roof" is then up to us. Communication is the key and music can be the catalyst that starts that communication.

At the end of the day though it's LOVE. Love one another and the rest will take care of itself. But Man............it ain't easy.

What a challenge!!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:10 AM
la familia patron

Music, it's a way of life. Peace out man.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: