Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013, 04:57 PM
No clue anymore

Dave Kulju ~ RIP

This new saddened me quite a lot today. He was one of the first musicians I got to know via NMOM and I've corresponded with Dave many time over the last 3 years. He was gracious, humble and a true gentleman, not to mention a real talent. One of the few who had the one man act down pat.

From The Progressive Aspect Magazine.

Dave Kulju ~ RIP

Only a few days since reporting the passing of John Osri, it is our sad task to inform you of the death of another hugely talented musician ~ Dave Kulju. Not only a gifted musician, but a fine composer and thoroughly nice guy.

I never met Dave personally, but came a cross his music back in 2002 when I had the good fortune to review an album by Electrum – a band project Dave was involved with a the time. I was mightily impressed with, not only the musicianship, but also the depth of compositions on Standard Deviation. After the review was published Dave took the time to get in touch and over the years we have exchanged numerous emails. Dave went on to release two solo projects, Abstract Expression (2007) and the highly praised Notes In The Margin (2010).

Dave was planning a new release for 2014. Sadly this will now never be. I can think of no better tribute to Dave than to let his music have the final say…

I'd say it's been a tough year for prog fans.

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me
Old 12-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Monkeyboy =)

Re: Dave Kulju ~ RIP

This is sad news, it must have happened quick because the last thing on his web page is a video he made with a free download on November 20th. That looks like the last entry in his Journal. No other news about his passing...he was only 43. RIP Dave.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Patron

Wow sad news indeed. I am a big fan of his latest cd, "Notes in the Margin"
Old 12-17-2013, 04:04 PM

very sad I remmeber I mailed him or chated with him about Electrum on muical website, RIP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: