Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #159 - Spring, Autumn, Indian Summer

Greetings and salutations.

This week on Corner of the Mooniverse we will take a stroll through the seasons. We have three bands named after on of the seasons.

First up is Spring with their debut album from 1971. I think you might have to say they were in the early spring of the Progressive Rock Movement. Their classic mellotron sound is perfect for the symphonic minded progsters. Just about every member of the group is credited with playing a mellotron. So, let's get mello with Spring.

Our second band is one that has a classic sound, but comes from much later in the seasons of Prog. This group is Autumn and is led by the keyboard magic of Nick Magnus. The album is Oceanworld which they released in 1999. (It was actually recorded around 1977 but was never released until '99. Thus, it comes naturally they have the more classic sound.)

Now, I stumbled back upon Autumn because I was looking for a theme show to honor one of our birthday boys this week, Marc the Sharc. A connoisseur of the classic sound, Oceanworld seemed a good place for our favorite denizen of the deep. Be sure to find a way to reach out to him, you know how hard it is for us old folk to get past these milestones. Happy Birthday SharcNorris.

In keeping with the seasonal theme and the classic prog sound, I found our last group in Indian Summer. They had a brief life in 1971. They were managed by the same people as Black Sabbath, but yet they did not receive much notice. An interesting crossing paths moment here because their record label, Neon Records, was the same label as our 1st group, Spring. A little more attention to publicity and who knows where they could have gone. Now, their sound is a little more in the rockier side of 70's progressive rock that you might place Uriah Heep and Deep Purple.

I hope you like the selected albums tonight. I'll see you on the radio.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: