Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2001, 01:09 AM

Peter Gabriel- Revisited?

While I was perusing the Gabriel requests section I noticed that all the songs from Peter Gabrel 2 are said to have come from an album called "Revisited." I've heard of PG 2 being called "Scratch," but Revisited? Please fill me in- or did I just miss something?
Old 10-08-2001, 11:28 AM
Owner/Program Director

I have a compilation CD that contains most of PG1 and PG2, and it's called "Revisited".
Old 10-08-2001, 11:28 AM

Revisited

PG's 'Revisited' is a compilation album which features all of the tracks off of Peter's first two solo albums. The album was released in '92 I believe. The tracks on this compilation are the same as they are on the original albums. I don't think Peter's debut or "Scratch" are even available on CD anymore for some strange reason. I believe they are now only sold together as 'Revisited'.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:29 AM

Holy shit. Me and Jim posted that at the same time!!
Old 10-08-2001, 11:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Powerslave
Revisited revisited

PG Revisited was released on Atlantic (PG's label for the 1st two solo albums) in 1992. Two songs from PG (1) were not included: "Excuse Me"--the barber-shop quartet song--and "Down the Dolce Vita"--one of my faves from that album. Missing from PG (2): "A Wonderful Day in a One-Way World," "White Shadow," and "Home Sweet Home." I actually received this album as a gift before I got the two solo albums. I rarely listen to it now. I would have sold it, but the one benefit it has over the first solo album is that you can hear a version of "Here Comes the Flood" without the fadeout from "Down the Dolce Vita" played over the flute intro. This came in handy for me when I made my "PG Favorites" tapes all those years ago, before I got a CD player for my car. And since "Here Comes the Flood" is my absolute favorite PG track, it's nice to a "clean" CD version.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: