Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #202 - Spooky Tooth and Argent

COTM - #202 - Spooky Tooth and Argent

Greetings prog lovers!

This week for Corner of the Mooniverse we go to the late 60's and early 70's for some Protoprog. We will start off with Spooky Tooth, a band that is decidedly a Blues/Rock band but they took it a little further into the realm of what would be Progressive Rock. I am picking individual songs from two of their albums: Spooky Two and The Last Puff.

The 2nd artist is Rod Argent. Starting out he was with The Zombies. I have a pair of their songs from a revival concert at the Bloomsbury Theatre in London, released in 2007 as a DVD. The Zombies were led vocally by Colin Blunstone, as you might remember. He too appears in these two hits, one by The Zombies and the other from Rod's next project after leaving the group, Argent.

The next two albums will be from Argent. I play Circus and Nexus. As with many of you, I suspect these groups were part of your early journey into Prog, well, at least those of us around during that period.
Come on by and join us.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:04 PM

Re: COTM - #202 - Spooky Tooth and Argent

Fantastic show DALE !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: