Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Owner/Program Director

Olympian Prog

The shoutbox has been exceptionally quiet the last day or three, and I'm just curious, are a lot of Moonies watching the Olympics? More specifically, is that why you're not in the shoutbox? I'm watching and enjoying the Olympics when I can, so I'm not denigrating, just wondering...
Old 08-13-2008, 06:15 AM

Re: Olympian Prog

Except for a few hours during my shows, I am almost never in shout anymore. In fact, the next three weeks I will not even be in Sunday night.

As for the Olympics, I did watch Katie Hoff and Michael Phelps last night. Of course I read about them every day - the swim club where they trained is literally five miles from where I live.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:31 AM
la familia patron

Not here. Work is all I have time for lately. Except a little Moon visit maybe.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

I've been very busy working on a VMS OS kernel modification for a european telecom. I tend to divorce myself from the shout box when I'm trying to head-check such code because simple distractions cause oversights that yield unnecessary wasted time when the system crashes. Thus far, the only crashes were those I anticipated for debugging.

The crux of this work was completed this morning. I now need to document it in a technical abstract and then, decide if it's patentable (more work) or if it should just get copyright. This project must be competed by September's end, so don't expect me to be shouting much unless things progress more rapidly than expected.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to carlos77

Wurk and lurk as usual just in few moments when I have the chance I do shout with the guys
Old 08-13-2008, 09:12 AM

Jim,

I am watching the Olympics at home at night - when I am not usually in the shout box. I am usually active in the shout box Tuesday -Friday 5AM to 3PM Central Time. (when I am at work). Rarely I will get on in the evenings or weekends...

Traveling for vacations and taking kids to college is eating into my AM time!!

Hopefully it will settle down when school starts.

Regards from Texas,
Ted
Old 08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Patron

I don't watch television much and certainly won't bother with the Olympic's as two of my favorite sports arn't allowed to compete - cricket and rugby.
But I shout mostly late in the evening. It's mostly impossible to shout from work. Where are the lovely ladies? - they have disappeared and I miss them to shout with
Old 08-13-2008, 07:48 PM

I did go on an Olympic bender last weekend (have 4 HD channels to watch :P), but I usually don't frequent the shout much on the weekends anyway. I did chat a bit Monday, but as you noticed there was not a lot going on so I eventually followed some other interests. Tuesday I worked from home and then got into watching free Nova science programs on pbs.org so I didn't visit chat. Popped in tonight, but no posts for 26 min, hence commenting here , but Wednesday's are usually slow since folks can't request. But really from my perspective anyway, things haven't changed that much, sometimes there's folks chatting and sometimes not. Maybe the Olympics are contributing to the silence, but not that different from what I'm used to. If I check in and folks are chatting I'll join in, but if it's quiet I move on, maybe a little more quiet than usual, but not so much that it seems weird to me. Anyway that's my $0.02. I'll say hi in the box now and see if anyone is about
Old 08-14-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmckinley View Post
I did go on an Olympic bender last weekend (have 4 HD channels to watch :P), but I usually don't frequent the shout much on the weekends anyway. I did chat a bit Monday, but as you noticed there was not a lot going on so I eventually followed some other interests. Tuesday I worked from home and then got into watching free Nova science programs on pbs.org so I didn't visit chat. Popped in tonight, but no posts for 26 min, hence commenting here , but Wednesday's are usually slow since folks can't request. But really from my perspective anyway, things haven't changed that much, sometimes there's folks chatting and sometimes not. Maybe the Olympics are contributing to the silence, but not that different from what I'm used to. If I check in and folks are chatting I'll join in, but if it's quiet I move on, maybe a little more quiet than usual, but not so much that it seems weird to me. Anyway that's my $0.02. I'll say hi in the box now and see if anyone is about

I can't wait for Thursday!

Seriously, I do enjoy the nighttime McKinleyisms. Always varied and interesting topics without flaming.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:34 PM

I definitely listen and lurk on a daily basis, but need to concentrate on work like most of us (even though I'm self-employed and work at home). Love the Shout box though, as well as the music!

I'm hooked on the Olympics too, but will have to give that up for camping with the kids this weekend at South Lake Tahoe CA.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Prog rules, dogs drool!

Send a message via AIM to MrMagoo

I'll be blunt and bring up (IMO) the elephant in the room: I'm absent shout due to the flames. They're just not what I want during my work day.

Last edited by MrMagoo : 08-14-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:52 PM

School is back in session, so I'm often grading or preparing, plus I'm supplying for a small church, so I'm prepping two sermons a week on top of that.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:15 AM
KeithieW

Ridiculously busy at work and building work going on at home......shouting tends to be at a minimum for duration.

Still thinking about you guys and gals a lot though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: