Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Concert Happenings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Patron

Tangerine Dream in Cologne on June 1, 2014

After nearly 40 years I saw Tangerine Dream live again!

The venue took place in Theater am Tanzbrunnen, a congress hall with a seating capacity of aprox 1.000 ppl. As far as I could see the place was sold out (A second concert is planned for tomorrow, June 2). This time I was there with my son and we had wonderful seats in row 9.

Lights went off 10 min before the scheduled beginning and the band came on stage 2 minutes later. Same behavior of TD as I remembered from the gigs 40 years ago. They just entered the stage without any greeting, checked a few seconds their instruments and begun to play.

The line-up consists of head and founder Edgar Froese (keyboards, guitar), Thorsten Quaeschning (keyboards), Linda Spa (flute, sax, keyboards), Iris Camaa (percussion, v- drums) and Hoshiko Yamane (violin).

They played Phaedra (the tour ois called Phardra Farewell Tour) but also many, many more tunes (e.g. parts from Force Majeur, Ricochet etc etc). First part of the gig was aprox 1 hour 10 min, then 20 min (sharp) break, then another hour before they left shortly (without any greeting), encore was the another 35 min aprox. So nearly 2 hours 45 min net of music.

It was just great. The sound of course is not the same as 40 years ago, it was more modern due to the constant presence of the percussion...The percussion...wow..Iris Camaa, what an eye and ear catcher, what an excellent percussionist. Same I have to tell about as Linda Spa and Hoshiko Yamane..Of course also the 2 male members were great, but only ear catchers...

I was a little skeptic before the gig as I remember very well the three concerts I saw so many years before and which were burned into my memory, but this gig was so excellent that I remembered when I was young but at the same time got convinced from this new era.

We had an excellent time!!!

Old 06-02-2014, 12:58 PM

Re: Tangerine Dream in Cologne on June 1, 2014

Excellent concise report ( as usual) from our progressive free-lance reporter :-))) , Danke Freund !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: