Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > The Rickter Scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 AM

Re: Final Show

Just as I had found the right time to listen to the show! Rick you will be missed. I love the music but it was the man behind the show that delivered for us all. You will be missed greatly. Good luck with future endevours and keep in touch on myspace. eloy1964
Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Patron

A good friend with a heart as big as his knowledge of prog. A huge loss for the Moon on every level, and for new artists he discovered and featured on his show. Very sad decision indeed.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
A good friend with a heart as big as his knowledge of prog. A huge loss for the Moon on every level, and for new artists he discovered and featured on his show. Very sad decision indeed.
Mossy? From work? Glad to see the access issue is resolved that you can get here.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 01-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Patron

I couldn't hear Rick's show to the full due to my continuing dinner engagements except when the wife was away. Rick played a bit of everything so sometimes he's play things I already had or didn't like. can't please everyone. But I am sorry it's come to an end and I get the impression we won't see Rick again on Am and I'm sorry for that. He will always be that overgrown schoolboy to me and I look forward to catching him again at RosFest.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:38 PM
No clue anymore

Wow, This is really a bummer. I may not have listened every week, but Rick's show was always where I seemed to get the majority of bands I've never heard before and liked hearing. Sharc hit the nail on the head. A great mix of the best prog old and new.

I'm very sad to see it go.

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me
Old 01-13-2009, 08:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to rigel1

Although I have only known Rick for short time (past 2 years) - I really grew to enjoy his show. You could tell that he put a lot of passion into selecting his sets for play. I definitely heard a great many bands I never had before. He and his show will be truely missed as evident by all the posts in this forum.

All the best Rick - we'll be seeing you at the concerts!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:50 PM

Will miss the show but will miss rick More....What can i say He liked Iron Maiden as much as me...He forgot More than i ever knew as well about Prog.Maybe a bit later will see em Again i hope.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM

I have a sad heavy heart over this
Old 01-14-2009, 07:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses

Well best of luck Rick. There are still three couches at my place if you're ever driving through town and need a place to crash again.

Not that you could possibly use all three...
Old 01-15-2009, 08:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to lamour

I'm not going to lie. I didn't like everything Rick played on his show. I think it would be hard for anyone to. He played such a wide variety of music. Some weeks, I even viewed his show as a 3 hour block where I couldn't hear requests. ;-)

However, I have to say that virtually every CD that I've bought as a result of listening to the Moon was from a band I heard on Rick's show first (the rest were from Cozy's show). Rick had a knack for finding new music, and I loved it when he could get band members to hop in chat while their music was playing. Rick is unique, and it will be difficult to replace him or his show. I'll miss hearing his show on mondays.

true story: when I met Rick at rosfest, I thought he sounded like someone, but I couldn't quite place it. took me almost a day to realize that he sounded like Rick. ;-)
Old 01-15-2009, 09:08 AM

I'm still not seeing what happened, or why his show is leaving. I will miss the show a lot.

I actually preferred it over the G-Archives, if only because G's booming bass enhanced voice is so distorted I can barely make out what he's saying without turning the bass down when he talks and then back up to hear the music.....which is very annoying.

I'm sure I'm not the only Moonie who is in the dark about why Rick has left, and we would all like to know what the deal is.....
Old 01-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonStab View Post
I'm still not seeing what happened, or why his show is leaving. I will miss the show a lot.

I'm sure I'm not the only Moonie who is in the dark about why Rick has left, and we would all like to know what the deal is.....

I, too, will truly miss Rick and his show, but we have to trust Jim, as he is ultimately the one responsible for this site/station's well being. I am as in the dark as everyone, but as you can see in Jim's first statement in this thread, another comment will not be forthcoming.

I would imagine, DragonSlab, that there is no discussion about the why's and wherefore's on this matter for the very same reason it is not publicly discussed in any corporation, institute or organization. Personnel matters are private, they are not subject to public debate, nor do they warrant explanation as they are confidential matters. Would anyone want their dismissal from a company made public and openly discussed on the WWW?

Now, I don't mean to damper the emotions displayed here for Rick. He is our friend and deserves ever bit of the thoughtfulness and kindness you are all showing. It is richly deserved. Let's keep letting the love flow.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Patron

Send a message via AIM to Thor

Dinosaur... I got dibs on his stapler and hole punch.... well there is always a chance at reruns maybe?

om namah shivaya
om gan ganapataye namah
om aim saraswataye namah
om shrim mahalaxmaye
Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Dinosaur... I got dibs on his stapler and hole punch.... well there is always a chance at reruns maybe?
http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.0...on/milton1.jpg
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
I, too, will truly miss Rick and his show, but we have to trust Jim, as he is ultimately the one responsible for this site/station's well being. I am as in the dark as everyone, but as you can see in Jim's first statement in this thread, another comment will not be forthcoming.

I would imagine, DragonSlab, that there is no discussion about the why's and wherefore's on this matter for the very same reason it is not publicly discussed in any corporation, institute or organization. Personnel matters are private, they are not subject to public debate, nor do they warrant explanation as they are confidential matters. Would anyone want their dismissal from a company made public and openly discussed on the WWW?

Now, I don't mean to damper the emotions displayed here for Rick. He is our friend and deserves ever bit of the thoughtfulness and kindness you are all showing. It is richly deserved. Let's keep letting the love flow.
Still sucks, just the same.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:12 PM

Adios Rick, you'll be missed! Was always fun chatting with you and I enjoyed much of what you played on your show. Here's to hoping you find something else (or the same thing elsewhere) that positively affects so many folks, cheers mate!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: