Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #356 - Abacus

Hello Corner-ists!

This week I focus on German band Abacus. Their classic 1971 self-titled debut starts off the show with a bang. They really made an impression on the music scene of that time. The next three albums between 71-73, however, did not fare so well, mainly from the departure from the original sound sliding into the pop vain, losing their focus on the more in depth composition of the original sound. They broke up the group at that point.

In 1979 the group was reformed and a single was released in 1982 called Caribbean Sun, with the B-side Believe in Music. However, no albums came at that time. It was not until 2001 that their next album Fire Behind Bars would be released. That was slowly followed by 2010's Destiny, and finally 2016's European Stories.

I will be playing their debut from 1971 and their latest album. I also throw in one track each from 2001 and 2010.

I do hope you can join us this week.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: